“Walnut shrimp!” 3 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
“Walnut shrimp!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

Small place with good service. Limited menu but always consistent. Fresh taste food. Not crowded, have nice wine list. Good date place. Meeting room in back for small business meetings. No bad food here.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank tbarrada

Madison, South Dakota
“A gem in a strip mall”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

We went back here for dinner, the first time we've had more than lunch. We enjoyed dinner even more than we did our lunches. I'm not sure why more people don't review this place; its food is superb, the tastes are exquisite. The dinner entree prices of ~$15-20 didn't strike us as high unless you are comparing them to standard "Chinese restaurant" menu items. But this isn't your standard strip mall Chinese restaurant. Not only are the tastes mouth-watering, the presentation is designed to delight the eye as much as the palette. Some reviews of this establishment seem critical of the fact that the food is not "authentic" Vietnamese or Thai. In fact, the restaurant is really "Asian fusion" and the dishes are designed to blend the essence of Asian cooking into tantalizing creations. We started with a Vietnamese crepe which was wonderful. We both had tamarind-seasoned main courses and the chef blended that pungent sour fruit with just the right amount of sweetness. We continue to enjoy the fact that the tables are placed far enough away from each other to ensure a peaceful ambiance. This is a place for quiet conversation and the contemplation of excellent food. Not something you find all that often these days.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank docj9000
“Rude”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012 via mobile

I tend to eat alone, and after seeing the reviews I thought I'd check this place out. When I walked in, it was empty, even if it was a bit awkward, I sat down and ordered a water to drink since I don't drink anything but water. I then overhear the manager look at me and say, "shes making me lose money" or something along those lines. I'm quite shy, and that really hurt my feelings, so I left before ordering. I tip well, I don't know what his problem was. I eat alone everywhere.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
corpus christi
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Enjoyable Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2012

My wife and I recently had dinner here and we were pleasantly surprised. The dinner menu was reasonably priced and the atmosphere was much nicer than what we expected from its exterior. The wait staff were friendly and the owner even came to make sure everything was fine. Both entrees were extremely tasty. We will be eating here again!

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank thl65
san antonio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“When in Corpus Christi stop by here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2012

Green Papaya Asian Grill came highly recommend and wow they were right. Fantastic place. I aslo highly recommend it.

• Visited April 2012