“Nice place for portraits”

Heritage Park & Cultural Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Historical area of beautifully restored homes of Corpus Christi's founders.
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I took my bridal portraits here a few years ago. The homes are lovely, but sadly there are very few to look at and as others have stated, they are rarely open. You need to call ahead of time to see which ones will be receiving guests. I've never been to any of the festivities that take place here. In my opinion, they should move those festivities elsewhere and have grand tours and tea parties here instead. However, here in South TX, there is little interest for such activities. If you love history as I do, then you can appreciate the beauty of these older homes and the stories of the people who built them.

2  Thank MJMagestic
There are newer reviews for Heritage Park & Cultural Center

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Heritage park is a collection of houses from the Corpus city limits, brought together into a centralized location, so that you can walk around and view them. The unfortunate part about this park, is that I have found that they are rarely open. It is not officially summer vacation yet, so perhaps this is why they are not open. Many of these houses have organizations like Bayfest, the Chamber of Commerce, and Buc Days organizations. The best time to get into a house, is when one of the organizations are there. Otherwise, these houses are unfortunately closed.

I do not know what the pictures are for this. Perhaps it is a section that I have not been to, or it is pictures from the museum that is close by. I am giving this attraction 3 stars, because the houses are very rarely open. If they were open more often, especially on weekends, I would give a higher rating.

As someone stated earlier, they do have paranormal investigations in a few of the houses, but they are done through the local paranormal group. The one that I went on was around Halloween. We had a great time, and it was fun to get a hands on view of history.

1  Thank CorpusFoodCritic
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I love that place I have seen many shows there and also taken lota of great pics and also seen lots of wedding and I just love all those homes.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

Interesting attraction, especially looking at the houses. Check for open hours. They started a paranormal trip which I've not attended. It's during the night. Check for hours.

1  Thank Debbie H
Reviewed June 9, 2012

This site is interesting in that Corpus Christi really doesn't have a lot of older homes (back from the 00's before the 1919 storm that almost wiped the city out) that have survived hurricanes! It's kinda nice to have these that survived all the years and storms! Annual Jazz Festival is usually held down around Heritage, and that's fun too!!!

2  Thank Carla0207