“First-time aircraft carrier experience ”
Review of USS LEXINGTON

USS LEXINGTON
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Open from 9am to 5pm. Visitors can tour the most highly decorated Essex Class aircraft carrier of World War II.The 16-story "Blue Ghost" displays military artifacts and more than a dozen aircraft. 5 Tour Routes,3D MEGA Theater,Ship's Store,Mess Deck and Flight Simulator. National Historic Landmark located on North Beach.Elevator from the Hangar Deck to the Flight Deck is now available.Welcome Aboard!
Reviewed July 8, 2017 via mobile

We drove from Houston here. Not sure about the parking situation. We park by using meters a couple blocks away. Some exhibitions look old and they are going through some renovations. But it is definitely worth a visit. A lot of stairs so I'm not sure how accessible it is for wheelchairs or strollers.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,968)
All reviews
in 36 reviews
"lady lex"
in 47 reviews

Reviewed July 7, 2017 via mobile

I visited here with my 10 year old son and loved it! My son is into ships and WW2 at the moment and was fascinated by the size and scope of the Lexington. Highly recommended if you or your kids are into history.

Reviewed July 7, 2017

My husband and I stopped here on July 3rd. It was really busy (not surprised) but the staff was friendly and the upkeep was incredible. What a unique place to tour! Walking through the ship is self-guided and at your own pace. This works out great as there is a lot to see and read! Plan 2-3 hours to really give yourself time for the full experience. My favorite part was the flight deck. My husband loved learning about life on the ship.

The cafe had surprisingly decent options for snacks. The bathrooms were an experience in and of themselves. My advice to anyone visiting would be to use the bathroom and grab some water or something before touring the lower part of the ship.

We also returned to the lex to view the 4th of July fireworks display. Super fun, impressive, unique experience!

Reviewed July 7, 2017

My Son loves all things WWII, and this museum delivers! The museum has some great exhibits and has lots of history to explore.The Pearl Harbor exhibit is a must see exhibit.

It can be hot in the summer, especially on the flight deck, so I would recommend visiting that part of the museum in the morning.

Travel tip: Visit their website before you go and download the discount coupon for tickets!