“Must visit !!”
Review of USS LEXINGTON

USS LEXINGTON
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Visitors can tour the most highly decorated Essex Class aircraft carrier of World War II.The 16-story "Blue Ghost" displays military artifacts and more than a dozen aircraft.5 Tour Routes,3D MEGA Theater,Ship's Store,Mess Deck and Flight Simulator. National Historic Landmark located on North Beach.Elevator from the Hangar Deck to the Flight Deck is now available.Welcome Aboard!
Reviewed November 17, 2013

This is must visit attraction in Corpus Christi. We really enjoyed our visit here. Do visit all the sections (5 in total)

There are newer reviews for USS LEXINGTON

Reviewed November 17, 2013

I highly suggest you pay the Lexington another visit on your next visit to Corpus Christi. It has improved because you can even go to the engine room and they have a Pearl Harbor exhibit. Put a couple hours in your plan, go to the Corpus Christi web site and print out the discount coupon for this attraction and others.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

The "Lady Lex" is a must see attraction if you're in Corpus Christi. It was rescued from mothballs by Corpus and it is a great way to teach younger Americans about our past history. You can tour most of the ship and wonder how in the heck they were able to take off & land on such a small deck area and while the ship was moving. You get a good sense of how the sailors lived while onboard and you can almost hear the voices of all the men/women that served on the Lexington. It's well worth a visit.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Amazing to be able to wonder around an aircraft carrier. I think the info boards could have been a bit better. The battleship Texas does this better. But its still well worth a visit.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

This is a fascinating trip back in time. We went on a Friday afternoon with our son (9 yo) and there weren't many people. He was a little freaked out as we toured the lower decks and we didn't see anyone. As I tried to take in everything, I was left behind by my husband and my son, and being down there alone was a little creepy. I wish I could go back ALONE so that I could read everything. The staff was friendly, I was in awe of the ship itself, and I just wished I had more time. If you go to Christi, this is a definite "must-see."