“A great attraction”
Review of USS LEXINGTON

USS LEXINGTON
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Visitors can tour the most highly decorated Essex Class aircraft carrier of World War II.The 16-story "Blue Ghost" displays military artifacts and more than a dozen aircraft.5 Tour Routes,3D MEGA Theater,Ship's Store,Mess Deck and Flight Simulator. National Historic Landmark located on North Beach.Elevator from the Hangar Deck to the Flight Deck is now available.Welcome Aboard!
Reviewed May 21, 2013

My husband, nephew and I visited the USS Lexington on our recent trip to Corpus Christi. Unfortunately, we only had about an hour to visit. Still, we were able to see about half of the ship. Two to three hours would have been ideal. I was pleasantly surprised with the interactive displays and my husband and nephew were thrilled that they could actually climb onto a piece of equipment and maneuver and aim the huge guns.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

it was fun... just traveling with very small children not great. otherwise it was a neat experience. lots of history.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Our first visit to the USS Lexington for the entire family. We really enjoyed everything. My 10 year old son thought it was great as did I. Only thing, wear good walking shoes as you climb al ot of ladders from deck to deck. Plan on spending at least 3 hours.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

You should visit this one if you haven't been on an aircraft carrier. I haven been to other war ships and submarines. An aircraft carrier is really different.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

If you like this sort of thing, there is a tremendous amount of history in this ship and it took me about 3 hrs to feel like I was satisfied. There are lots of steep stairs. So don't whine about it. If you are not in shape for this type of walking then go somewhere else.

1  Thank phkcctx