“70 miles of Beach”

Padre Island National Seashore
More attraction details
Owner description: A 15-minute drive from downtown Corpus Christi transports you to this magnificent 70-mile stretch of white sand beach, scenic dunes and warm ocean water, offering ideal conditions for swimming, fishing, beach-combing, windsurfing, camping, bird-watching and viewing wildlife.
Weatherford, Texas
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“70 miles of Beach”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Seventy miles of natural beach, go as far down the island as your car or truck can go , be careful of getting stuck in the sand. The visitor center has restrooms, showers, changing area, convenience store, and gift shop. There are camping areas, day use areas with picnic tables. Best ten dollars I spent on the whole trip.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank mark w

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Talala
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great view and fun place to visit.”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Great place to spend a day at the beach! We built a sandcastle, swam and searched for shells. The sand was to soft to drive very far on so we didn't get to see the big shells. But we had a great time. We try and go there each time we visit family in Corpus. It's well worth the short drive.

McKinney, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Guided excursion all the way to the end”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I have been visiting with my family for many years, but I had never driven down the beach all the way (60 miles) to the end (Mansfield Channel), because I didn't have a 4WD vehicle. This summer I was visiting, and I thought of renting one, but I didn't want to deal with the stress of trying to avoid getting stuck, especially with the family. I was able to hook up with a really great guide, Jeff Wolda of Padre Island Light Tackle Adventures who normally leads shore fishing expeditions, but also leads sightseeing expeditions in his 4WD pick up truck. At $400, its not cheap, but we thought it was worth it. I, my wife, and our 3 young children fit comfortably in the truck, and we went all the way to the end and back, stopping to swim, beachcomb, and have a picnic lunch. The beach is very beautiful, and probably the only one that long with no development (and none allowed because it is a National Park). I highly recommend him, his web site is pi-adventures.com, his # is 361-215-8400.

Corpus Christi, Texas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“It's a Nat'l Park and a Beach”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Once you pay the entrance fee to this park, you quickly find it is a windy, humid beach with washed-up debri scattered about, all from other countries throughout the Gulf of Mexico. The beach stretches out for over 60 miles with only one entrance/exit. Only the first 5 miles of sand is groomed, so unless you have an off-road vehicle, don't tread to far. People who tend to visit the area regularly consist of fisherman, wind surfers, and people who like to find isolation from the large crowds at Bob Hall Pier!

Austin, Texas
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“A fun Labor Day weekend...”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn... but took our SUV and parked it on the beach next to our rental canopy and chairs. Dug in and spent the entire Sunday there. I'm from Texas... it was a typical gulf ocean... always a little seaweed and tar. Kids had a great time...

Visited September 2013