“Just after your business”

Texas State Aquarium
Book In Advance
More Info
$98.95*
and up
Houston City Sightseeing Tour with Round-Trip Transport to Kemah Boardwalk
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover the amazing underwater world of the Texas State Aquarium! Thousands of animals representing over 320 different species are ready to enchant, entertain, and inspire you. Corpus Christi's most popular cultural attraction has welcomed over 12 million visitors since its grand opening in July 1990. Conveniently located on North Beach, the Texas State Aquarium is just minutes from Corpus Christi's downtown district, convention center complex, and museums.The Texas State Aquarium Association is a not-for-profit, educational institution that does not receive any city, state, or federal funding for its operations. Every visit to the Texas State Aquarium is a new and exciting discovery of animals that remind us all of our responsibility to those whose world we share.The Aquarium's Second Chances Wildlife Rehabilitation Program is federally permitted and operates under rigorous standards established by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums (AZA). Each year, thousands of protected, endangered or threatened species along the Texas coast become ill or injured. Most are brought to our facility with problems caused directly or indirectly by humans. The goal of the Texas State Aquarium's Second Chances Program is to rehabilitate, and whenever possible, return the animals to their natural environment. The Aquarium is an accredited member of the Association of Zoos and Aquariums and is a member of the World Association of Zoos and Aquariums. The Aquarium's mission is to engage people with animals, inspire appreciation for our seas, and support wildlife conservation.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
San Antonio, Texas
“Just after your business”
Reviewed August 7, 2009

The aquarium was decent but overpriced. The food court was a joke and the elevator(s) very small. I got the impression that the Texas State Aquarium upper management staff will do anything to save money and make money. Specifically, they provide no parking attendants at the entrance and rely instead on a parking sensor that allows you to enter at a snail's pace. We parked at the last row under the bridge and when we came out to our vehicle we found out that some idiot parked right behind me and blocked my attempts to get out. I had to wait for the idiot to return only to give him a few choice words. But it was not totally his fault because the site does not monitor parking violations and filled capacity levels because all they care about is getting your money. Save your money and visit a real aquarium.

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Rockport Tx
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A magical experience, the Dolphin Encounter, the BEST Fun in the Sun!!”
Reviewed July 21, 2009

We have visited many attractions...New York Yankee Stadium, Grand Central Station, Fenway Park, a cruise around the Statue of Liberty. Each is a unique experience.

The Texas State Aquarium, especially the Dolphin Encounter, surpasses any vacation/family attraction experience we have ever enjoyed The entire Awesome Team
takes joy and pride, takes the time to give visitors the BEST Fun in the Sun, one on one Magic! The knowledge, combined with fun and excitement , they present to young and old alike is the BEST in Texas or any other state!

Take your family, you, your children and grandchildren to the BEST Memory Maker in Texas. FUN + KNOWLEDGE=The Texas State Aquarium. The #1 attraction in South Texas and an experience of a lifetime! No one in South Texas or Texas does it better!

1 Thank magicalfun
Baytown, TX
“It is the TEXAS STATE aquarium”
Reviewed July 15, 2009

It is an aquarium that is devoted to the marine life in the Texas/Gulf Coast area (and has added a few other exhhibits). If you want to pay the Sea World prices (which are much more I might add), dirve north on I-37 to San Antonio.

It is what it is, and I have enjoyed it each time I go.

San Antonio, TX
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Nice fish tanks but other attractions are lame”
Reviewed July 11, 2009

I agree with some other reviewers who believe that $15.50 (plus $4 parking) is too high a price for what you get here. The actual aquarium displays are nice, but they display mostly local species which aren't particularly colorful or beautiful. The dolphin show was particularly bad; it bored my kids, and many other people who got up and left before it was over. Many of the attractions featured in the brochure and website are small and unimpressive when you see them up close, such as the stingray and turtle pools which have very few actual specimens. I would have felt satisfied had I paid $8-10 per person; I expected far more than what I actually saw. Crowds were also heavy even on a weekday. We won't be going back unless the facility is upgraded and expanded significantly.

2 Thank Rick_in_SA
Katy, TX
“We loved the aquarium!”
Reviewed June 30, 2009

Loved that they have indoor & outdoor exhibits. Even though it was a hot day we were comfortable outside, there was a nice breeze coming off the ocean and some of the outdoor area is shaded. They do a lot of great work rescuing and rehabilitating injured animals from the wild. Only negative is the restaurant, very small and unattractive, thumbs down on the food.