“Swimming with the fishies!”

Texas State Aquarium
Book In Advance
More Info
$98.95*
and up
Houston City Sightseeing Tour with Round-Trip Transport to Kemah Boardwalk
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover the amazing underwater world of the Texas State Aquarium! Thousands of animals representing over 320 different species are ready to enchant, entertain, and inspire you. Corpus Christi's most popular cultural attraction has welcomed over 12 million visitors since its grand opening in July 1990. Conveniently located on North Beach, the Texas State Aquarium is just minutes from Corpus Christi's downtown district, convention center complex, and museums.The Texas State Aquarium Association is a not-for-profit, educational institution that does not receive any city, state, or federal funding for its operations. Every visit to the Texas State Aquarium is a new and exciting discovery of animals that remind us all of our responsibility to those whose world we share.The Aquarium's Second Chances Wildlife Rehabilitation Program is federally permitted and operates under rigorous standards established by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums (AZA). Each year, thousands of protected, endangered or threatened species along the Texas coast become ill or injured. Most are brought to our facility with problems caused directly or indirectly by humans. The goal of the Texas State Aquarium's Second Chances Program is to rehabilitate, and whenever possible, return the animals to their natural environment. The Aquarium is an accredited member of the Association of Zoos and Aquariums and is a member of the World Association of Zoos and Aquariums. The Aquarium's mission is to engage people with animals, inspire appreciation for our seas, and support wildlife conservation.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Stroud OK
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Swimming with the fishies!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

I chose the Aquarium as an obvious treat for my young children and my "handycapable" son who is crazy about sharks. We were not disappointed! The displays were easy to see and fun to explore. We loved the "up close and personal" globe in the seahorse tank, were thrilled with the sharks and even better, my son got to touch a baby shark which completed his day! There is a great water park to play in as well and a nice little café/restaurant that has really tasty pizza! Over all it was a wonderful experience and I recommend it highly.

• Korean first
  • Polish first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Nice aquarium”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

I visited this aquarium for a family birthday and was pleased. The ticket pricing was very affordable and there was lots to see. I was upset when waiting for the dolphin show which was at 4 pm but at 3:30 all seating was filled and I had to sit in direct sun as they do not have enough shading to cover all the seats (there are gaps in the shade overhangs which allows the sun to come through). Instead of starting the show early we still had to sit and wait 30 minutes in the blistering sun with 2 small children. There either needs to be more shade or start the show early as you can visibly see all seats were full. Other than that it's a great place to visit.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

My teenage daughter, husband and I went here and loved it. I thought my daughter would be bored but she actually loved the jellyfish., dolphin and otter. She got to touch the dolphin and the stingrays which she thought was great. We had a great time and will come again.

San Antonio, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“A great aquarium! A must see!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014

We took the membership instead of single entry, which allowed us to go 4 times while in Corpus Christi instead of spending an extremely long day there. My 13 years old enjoyed going back day after day. We loved the shows however seating space is very limited. Having the membership pass allowed us to see more shows than planned and see the fish and birds many times. Loved the jellyfish’s, the birds and dolphin show. Highly recommend it!

1 Thank Babette D
Houston
3 attraction reviews
“Great time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

I have been to the one in Houston and this one is so much better. Had a great time and loads to see.
Make sure to get to the dolphin exhibit early as it fills up fast.