“questionable employees”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I ate here yesterday. It was close to our hotel. Walking up to the door there were 4 employees sitting on an outside table smoking. After we went in we were seated promptly. There were 2 more employees sitting at the bar with friends drinking. Maybe 6 tables occupied at the time.Atmosphere was good and our food was pretty good. I saw on their chalkboard 'bourbon bread pudding'. I was thinking about it but noticed an employee bring out 2 large hotel pans , loaves of bread and bags of fruit to a booth next to us. Proceeded to start ripping bread apart into the pans. Both the waiter and waitress on the floor went over and started in. Then the hostess. No one had gloves on. All if them touched their faces, hair, mouths, menus etc and then kept putting their hands into the pan of bread and fruit. 2 of them ate some fruit off the top and put their hands back in. It was disgusting. It seemed like an employee social hour not a restaurant. We left rather quickly.I asked my husband if I should talk to the manager and he said "let it go. Obviously since this was happening on the floor of the restaurant he didn't care".

3  Thank Siobhan L

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Had a wonderful supper at his establishment. A couple of friends went with us and we all ordered seafood; blackened redfish, fried oysters, and fried catfish. Meals were cooked as ordered and the food was delicious. Our waitress was very attentive and kept our drink glasses full. Had delicious squash and brocoli salad as sides and they excellent. Prices are medium to high but you get plenty of food. You can order family style meals if desired. This
restaurant is about 17 mi north of Corpus Christi on hwy 77. The location is not hard to find.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

I liked the looks of this place and had high hopes. The fish tacos were bland, the gumbo tasted like it came out of a can, and the onion rings were horrible. In fact a lot of the blobs of fried breading didn't have onions in them at all--nasty soggy globs. My husband and I felt sick the rest of the afternoon. Maybe it was an off day for them, but it was bad enough that we will never go back.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

By chance we found this place on our 4th of July trip to Corpus. It was awesome! The food and service was out of this world. I had a fried shrimp platter and a key lime pie for desert. It was all great! And the service was outstanding! My wife even asked for the manager after the meal to compliment the service!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

There were 8 of us for dinner on a Friday night. We arrived relatively early since we had other things to do that evening. We were seated almost immediately. The wait staff was very personable, professional and eager to please our group. Some of the food was overcooked but mostly it was very good and we were served in a very reasonable amount of time. A little pricey but very accommodating to our group. Service was good.