“Local and valued hangout!”
Review of Cafe Calypso

Cafe Calypso
Reviewed November 9, 2012

It is located in the front of the Half Price Book Store in Moore Plaza shopping center. Great coffee shop, run Erdal and Marcy who are there and involved nearly every day. They employ dozens of college kids and they are always pleasant and knowledgeable regarding the many varieties of imported coffees. A true community resource.

Reviewed April 17, 2012

I live in Austin, Texas. I go visit family regualarlly in Corpus. Everytime I go, I visit Cafe Calypso at least once if not twice a day. I always bring home Freshly roasted coffe for myself and friends. I am now ordering it and having it shipped to me, since I cannot find any other to match. The service is extremely friendly and impecable.

Reviewed January 17, 2012

It is not exactly a cafe, housed as a concession in Half Price Book Store in Moore Plaza shopping center. Great cafe, run by an American Turkish man and his wife. They have helped dozens of college girls have employment to pay for their education. Good coffee drinks hot or cold, bagels. FRIENDLY! Go there!

1  Thank Longfeather
Reviewed November 16, 2011

Since we moved to Corpus, we have been at Cafe Calypso at least once or twice a week. My husband maintains they make the best cappuccinos he's had anywhere. The owners are wonderful - friendly and helpful. Marcy's baked goods are outstanding! Besides everything else, if you want something to read, Half Price Books is attached so you can pick up something to browse while you enjoy your coffee. Love supporting such a great locally owned establishment! Don't overlook this gem!

1  Thank MZC-Grandma
Reviewed July 15, 2010

Experience Coffee as it's meant to be experienced.
I thought that canned coffee was the only way to experience coffee.
Boy was I wrong. Cafe Calypso brought the true meaning of enjoying coffee.
It's the first place I had fresh ground coffee. I will never go back to canned coffee.
The owners and staff are the best and I really enjoy coming back for their coffee and conversation.