“Natu is an awful hotel manager”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Oxon Hill
“Natu is an awful hotel manager”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

I highly recommend finding another hotel! This place was awful. My friend and I stayed here for the Oktoberfest at the national harbor. We liked the price and liked the sound of the shuttle service. I was told at check-in that one of the shuttle times was at 5:30 and we needed to be at the harbor at 6:00 so it was perfect. I called the front desk around 5:15 and asked where I needed to be to catch the shuttle. The lady told me to just come to the front desk. So a few minutes later we left & arrived at the front desk at about 5:25. I asked the lady where the shuttle was and she said it just left. Well I exchanged some words with trying to figure out why it left 5 minutes early, and than walked outside. I eventually walked back in for some more words but before I said anything she told me that a gentleman named Willy would take us once the shuttle for back. When the shuttle arrived we tried to board but was denied by the driver who also happened to be the hotel manger, Natu. We told Natu that his employee Willy agreed to take us but Natu didn't care and proceeded to yell at us in front of the hotel. He told us we were late and had to wait for the next shuttle in an hour. My friend looked at Natus watch and told him it was six minutes fast. Natu still didn't care and kept yelling at us. It was such a terrible experience. He eventually gave up and let Willy take us. Willy was a super friendly guy and it was very much our pleasure to meet and talk to someone like him. Willy was the highlight of our stay and I hope he can seek employment else where because he doesn't deserve working for someone like Natu. Natu should be removed from his position. Besides Willy, this place was awful and no one should have this kind of experience anywhere, especially when your a paying customer. Find another hotel! Choice hotels needs to terminate Natu!

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank brickwall316

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here a few months back for a convention at Gaylord and I was a mistake..this property is managed horrible they need to have a proactive measure to spray for bugs and ants..this place is dirty..of you have a hotel in a bad area Atleast make the hotel nice by not allowing hookers and drug users to stay there. The top floor of the hotel is used for this purpose comfort should be ashamed and owners should be ashamed for being too greedy for trying to fill up there rooms with shady people just for money and running all the productive citizens out. I will tell very one never to stay here just because I want to. They should charge more for a room to prevent disgraceful people from staying here instead of trying to sell out all the time..that's poor management and ownership..I'm in the hotel business as well and would charge more money so nasty hookers couldn't afford to stay

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Misstravellady4u
Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

I stayed at the hotel because it had a shuttle to the conference center and all the other hotels were $275-$350/night in the area. I saved money, but getting something to eat in the area is difficult at night. Staff was helpful but their computer system crashed when I wanted to check out. Because of cost savings, I'd probably stay there again. The room carpet was really worn. My room was right next to the elevator, but I didn't hear it once during the night.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank BawstinHokie
Maryville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

Stayed here on a school trip with 100 students. It was nice, but not overly nice. The front desk staff was great (with the exception of one night clerk). The hotel common areas (hallways, stairwells, elevator, lobby) do have a odor of stale cigarettes, but for the price you really can't beat it. The rooms didn't smell and the beds were comfortable. Water pressure was great and the workout room, while cramped with equipment, was great as well.

Our group has stayed here for many years now while visiting DC and is always happy with our stay. Breakfast is good, not great, but it will help your budget. There are many options for everyone.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank wmtip
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

To start it off, the staff could not speak clear English and had little hospitality towards its guests. My family has experienced many terrible things in our hometown of Lincoln, Nebraska. But, this is so much worse. When we first checked in, the staff was not helpful at all and the front was not dressed appropriately. When we first walked on our floor, our eyes water from the odor of stale cigarette smoke. The beds are rock solid and the no housekeeping whatsoever comes to clean/replace items such as towels. When we first drove up, we noticed that this looked very ghetto-ish, but close to D.C. The second night we felt that our safety was threatened. My young family witnessed business men holding brown bags going into rooms with "hooker-looking" women. The shower faucet was very loose and fell out of its place while I was taking a shower! We heard strange noises all night. The prostitutes smoked on the elevators and they even lingered outside the hotel. This is definitely not recommended, unless you're a pimp daddy. The police even showed up downstairs to investigate. We were scared to leave the hotel at night. The breakfast looks as if the staff went to a kwik mart down the street. The cereal was stale and chewy and the bagels were cold and plastic tasting. Also, from our view through the window, we saw what looked like gang propaganda and drug use. What was supposed to be a week long stay, we quickly left the next morning to go to the Gaylord. Thankfully, the Indian hotel managers understood (I think), and let us go, But we still paid the week-long price. DO NOT go here.

Room Tip: DO NOT COME HERE! Go to the Gaylord or you might as well sleep in the hooker house down the street.