I attended two conventions at Gaylords between 4th and 14th October and stayed 10 nights at Comfort Inn and paid on average USD 89+ taxes. We were a group of around 30 people and had booked around 28 rooms .
I was also little scared after reading bad comments on this property but after staying there for ten nights I can guarantee that the bad comments are baseless as we experienced as follows :
a) Room Size : Decent sized rooms with a flat screen tV, Micro and Fridge, two double beds, linen changed everyday, bathroom was a bit small but effective,shower pressure was a bit low but workable, heating/cooling was perfect, room had a safe, drycleaning service was good. gym was a bit dated but I managed to get a good workout out of it every day.
Breakfast : Yes they don't change the food every day- but hey , you don't have to eat all the items every day..change your choices if they don't change the food....The breakfast is fresh and hot - no complaints.
Free Internet : The internet was high speed broadband - A similar speed internet costs you around USD 10 + Taxes at 5 star hotels.
b) Positive attitude of the Manager and Staff :
Hats off to Mr Natu Patel and Party - they really took care of us , small examples of their out of the way help :
* Mr Natu Patel drove one of my friend to a superstore for getting a cell phone recharge coupon
* James (I think this was the name) the shuttle driver carried our heavy boxes to the vehicle (which were stored at the hotel for a week without any extra charges) to the Gaylords and waited till we managed to sneak in the boxes
* Chris - The shuttle driver did extra trips for our group even when he was off duty
* The reception staff was excellent and took notice of our slightest request
* The house keeping was good and they kept our rooms clean
* We all had laptops, digital cameras etc lying in the room and not a single thing went missing..
We will be vising Washington DC in another 3-4 years and we will definitely stay here.
Now to the security in the area :
People say oh this area is not safe - If you ask me the whole world is a unsafe area now..you should not be at a wrong place at a wrong time..we walked at midnight even around the hotel area and we did not find anything unusual - it was like Manhattan - the main street was safe and we didn't go inside the dark alleys..
nearby shopping : there is a big grocery store and a Marshall's super market .
Nearby eateries : Levis Barbeque - Great place, A Ranch - Good, Chinese food - good and Tacho Bell is also there.
Taxis are readily available 24 hours , place is safe .
I fully recommend this hotel to all people who want value for money...People who have written bad comments on this hotel are either domestic travelers without any international experience or they just want 5 star accomodation at budget prices...If you ask me this hotel is worth staying even if they charge you USD 150 a night !
Best of luck Mr Natu Patel and Party - Keep up the good work.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Cancelon, Travelocity, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Comfort Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Hotel Oxon Hill
- Comfort Inn Oxon Hill
- Oxon Hill Comfort Inn