“Great Hotel - Excellent Staff - Safe Location - Best Buy Ever !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Oxon Hill
Kathmandu Nepal
“Great Hotel - Excellent Staff - Safe Location - Best Buy Ever !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I attended two conventions at Gaylords between 4th and 14th October and stayed 10 nights at Comfort Inn and paid on average USD 89+ taxes. We were a group of around 30 people and had booked around 28 rooms .

I was also little scared after reading bad comments on this property but after staying there for ten nights I can guarantee that the bad comments are baseless as we experienced as follows :
a) Room Size : Decent sized rooms with a flat screen tV, Micro and Fridge, two double beds, linen changed everyday, bathroom was a bit small but effective,shower pressure was a bit low but workable, heating/cooling was perfect, room had a safe, drycleaning service was good. gym was a bit dated but I managed to get a good workout out of it every day.

Breakfast : Yes they don't change the food every day- but hey , you don't have to eat all the items every day..change your choices if they don't change the food....The breakfast is fresh and hot - no complaints.

Free Internet : The internet was high speed broadband - A similar speed internet costs you around USD 10 + Taxes at 5 star hotels.

b) Positive attitude of the Manager and Staff :

Hats off to Mr Natu Patel and Party - they really took care of us , small examples of their out of the way help :

* Mr Natu Patel drove one of my friend to a superstore for getting a cell phone recharge coupon
* James (I think this was the name) the shuttle driver carried our heavy boxes to the vehicle (which were stored at the hotel for a week without any extra charges) to the Gaylords and waited till we managed to sneak in the boxes
* Chris - The shuttle driver did extra trips for our group even when he was off duty
* The reception staff was excellent and took notice of our slightest request
* The house keeping was good and they kept our rooms clean
* We all had laptops, digital cameras etc lying in the room and not a single thing went missing..

We will be vising Washington DC in another 3-4 years and we will definitely stay here.

Now to the security in the area :

People say oh this area is not safe - If you ask me the whole world is a unsafe area now..you should not be at a wrong place at a wrong time..we walked at midnight even around the hotel area and we did not find anything unusual - it was like Manhattan - the main street was safe and we didn't go inside the dark alleys..

nearby shopping : there is a big grocery store and a Marshall's super market .
Nearby eateries : Levis Barbeque - Great place, A Ranch - Good, Chinese food - good and Tacho Bell is also there.

Taxis are readily available 24 hours , place is safe .

I fully recommend this hotel to all people who want value for money...People who have written bad comments on this hotel are either domestic travelers without any international experience or they just want 5 star accomodation at budget prices...If you ask me this hotel is worth staying even if they charge you USD 150 a night !

Best of luck Mr Natu Patel and Party - Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: Ask them for a renovated room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank DemandingTraveller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
New York City, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

The Comfort Inn located on Oxon Hill Road, Oxon Hill, Maryland is within walking distance of "crackland". Its about $105.00 per night, if you pay by credit card you will not get a receipt until you checkout. There is a hold placed on your card. The bathroom shower head is made by Sunbean and its trickles water, because the pressure is not working. The plumbing is shoddy. You actually feel as though you might break something when you take a shower. Staff or Customer Service is rude, arrogant. It was the worst experience. The good news, its a beautiful room. Charming in fact. If you just need a place to sleep. Also, no "DISCOUNTS" of any kind. They won't accept them. Nada? I guess in this neighborhood, they need all the dough they can get. The Gaylord is miles from this place. And there are hotels at the Gaylord. Remember to pay $10.00 for parking, per night. No kids or teenagers walking here. Its a place for adults and families only. Good security. Will tow your car if you park anywere. At The Comfort Inn, check the next morning to see if your car is still their?

Room Tip: Go to the Gaylord. The Aloft Hotel is more expensive but its a great experience.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jessica L

Travelers are raving about these Oxon Hill hotels

North Platte, Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

I stayed at the Comfort Inn while on a trip which found me working in the Southeast area of DC. The proximity to the area in which I was working on was good and driving to the area was simple. Access to National Harbor was easy. The hotel itself was mediocre. The room was clean and quiet but the commons areas were hot and stuffy and overcrowded. The breakfast room was overcrowded and the food was very repetitive and only average - only so much you can do with powdered eggs and bagels. The business center was very small,dirty, had only one antique computer, no printer and was not airconditioned. The management seemed detached but tried to help and answer some of our simple questions.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Bologna, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

We chose Confort Inn to go to downtown Washington by car and this decision was successful. 15 minutes!
We appreciated the very clean and quiet room. Lovely staff inclined to help us finding some good garages close to the main attractions and suggesting the best way for visiting Washington DC. No restaurants or cafè all around but this was not a problem.
Hope to come back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alicio81
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

My finance & I stayed here with my parents for the Beer, Bourbon & BBQ Festival at National Harbor. We opted for the Comfort Inn since the Clarion down the road was booked & everything in the National Harbor is extremely expensive. The one good thing about this hotel was that it only took a couple minutes to get to the National Harbor. Other than that, nothing to write home about here!

The service was lousy & the hotel seemed to be located right in the middle of the 'ghetto' as some would call it. Didn't seem like a safe place to be. We had an issue checking in because I had made the reservation under my name with my friends & family discount but we used my finance's card to pay...this created some kind of confusion I guess. The rooms were decent but again, nothing spectacular.

Upon returning to the hotel our 2nd day, it didn't look like housekeeping had been by...or were they?? Our trash was taken out & dirty towels removed but the bed was not made & no new towels were left for us. I saw that housekeeping was a few rooms down so I went over to ask if we could have a couple towels & it was a total mess. The woman couldn't understand me (or at least acted like it) & she was speaking another language like I"m supposed to know what she's talking about...excuse me?! I ended up having to initial a piece of paper saying I didn't need them to do anything to the room & she handed me 2 towels....what a joke!

The breakfast wasn't that great either, if you could even get anything. The usual rude people who act like it's an all you can eat buffet would get their 2 or 3 plates worth & go sit down while no staff person could be found replacing anything. No one was even around to ask.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank MrsMiller14
Poquoson, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Not a 5 star location, but convenient and clean. I've been there before and will stay there again if I need lodging in southern DC area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Plattsburgh, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

We booked here because we were attending a week long convention in National Harbor and an educational class in the Comfort Inn's meeting room one day. When we( 2 women) arrived, our cab driver advised us, "do not walk around outside of here, this area is not safe. Please be careful" That was our first red flag. Then when we were checking in at 4pm, our rooms were not ready..despite the fact that we had booked 2 months prior. The desk staff suggested we have a cup of coffee while we waited, which was nice..We asked them if the area was safe and they stated "yes, just don't go out after dark, but otherwise it is fine":A short time later, our rooms were ready. While entering our individual rooms, which were spacious, we both noticed a strong sewage smell in the bathrooms. The fridges also had a strong odor. We unpacked and decided we would walk next-door to buy an air-freshener at the grocery store. We literally stepped about 400 feet outside the hotel and were immediately inundated with cat calls, horn blowing, whistling and yelling of some pretty unsavory comments. A man mowing the lawn in a restaurant adjacent to the hotel kept eyeing us in a lewd manner. Needless to say we immediately returned to the hotel where we noticed several rodent traps in the stairwell. We also happened to pass the "laundry room" which was open and extremely dirty. While reviewing with each other the idea of staying here for a full week, we decided that this just wasn't a safe environment for the two of us to deal with. We called the front desk to check out and they sent the manager up to see us. We discussed our dismay with him and he was very considerate. He said he would refund our week-long stay but encouraged us to find another hotel who could accommodate us first. We were able to locate one room with one bed in the National Harbor and opted for the change.The manager was so polite that he drove us to this new location at no charge. We did go back to the Comfort Inn later in the week to attend our educational class and saw this gentleman again. He asked how we were enjoying our stay in Maryland and was very gracious. Unfortunately, several of our other classmates had also decided that the accommodation at this particular hotel were sub-par as well and left for other venues . I would not choose this hotel unless you were only here for a night and were traveling with a man or some kind of security device:)

Room Tip: I wouldn't choose ANY room.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Comfort Inn Ballston
#23 of 50 in Arlington
4.0 of 5 stars 386 reviews
Comfort Inn Downtown DC / Convention Center
Comfort Inn Downtown DC / Conven...
#58 of 141 in Washington DC
4.0 of 5 stars 926 reviews
Cambria hotel & suites Washington DC Convention Center
Cambria hotel & suites Washingto...
#27 of 141 in Washington DC
4.5 of 5 stars 519 reviews

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!