“Well priced and a good location”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Oxon Hill
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Clean and comfortable and a good price. The staff/management are a delight. It's a 10 min drive to National Harbor and about 15 mins to the end of the yellow Metro line. Getting into the city is very easy with the Metro. Breakfast is ample, rooms are large and clean. I'd use this one again on a trip to DC.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Daria D
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn

Reviewed April 16, 2012

This hotel is close to DC but a great value. They are one of the few that actually has smoking in the area. Most hotels in DC are "smoke free" which I hate. They usually are never full and they have a pretty good breakfast too. Loved the customer service from the front desk. Hotel was almost always pretty clean, but its a little old so I guess they work with what they have. Close by is a Shoppers which for those who do not know it is a Grocery store. There is also a steak house, Popeye's Chicken and a liquor store all within 5 minutes walking. About 10 minutes from downtown DC depending on traffic.

Room Tip: All smoking rooms are on the top floor
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Eric K
Reviewed March 25, 2012

This hotel is in the process of renovation, and so some of the older reviews saying that the decor is dated and the rooms are old are out of date. Some of the rooms may still be old, but I stayed in one of the newly renovated ones, and it was very nice! Flat screen HDTV, generous size mini-fridge with a small freezer, nice showers, microwave, comfortable beds with new bedding, and modern warm colored decor. Every thing was very clean, the rooms were pretty quiet despite is being busy, and the staff was friendly and helpful.

A small thing, but something that I really appreciated, is that there are plenty of outlets to plug all your gadgets into. I really hate having to hunt down plugs for my cell phone charger, Nook charger, laptop, etc., and then having to end up unplugging a lamp just to get something else plugged in. That wasn't at all a problem as it can be in some older hotels.

On the other hand, the breakfast isn't the best I've seen (not the worst either). It's also pretty far from the closest metro station. Though, there are metro bus stops within walking distance if you care to figure out the bus schedule. It's close to shops and restaurants, but the neighborhood is a little on the sketchy side.

Overall, I would say that you're probably not going to do much better if you're looking for value and quality in the DC area.

Room Tip: Ask if there are any renovated rooms available. Apparently they are in the process of doing this, so...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank S V
Reviewed March 23, 2012

This Comfort Inn has been recently renovated. As a matter of fact, the staff were in the process of upgrading the TV in my room when I checked in.

The staff is wonderful, extremely nice. The woman who checked me in was amazing and I feel bad that I couldn't remember her name to properly praise her.

The room has modern decorations, decent shower heads, flat screen TVs, good Wi Fi internet, and a very comfy beds. They also have microwaves and refrigerators. There are a few restaurants around, a Safeway is nearby as well.

Breakfast is pretty good. Egg patties, sausage patties, bagels, waffles, cereals, etc. Wish they had some biscuits, though. :)

Overall, a very good hotel for the money and so close to DC

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank dbaicy
Reviewed January 25, 2012

I have stayed here quite a few times and I like it. The maids clean the rooms well and the rooms look nice. Great wifi (which is important to me) they actually take care of the hotel and it shows . Breakfast in the morning nice breakfast room.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank ILOVE2TRAVEL615
Reviewed December 3, 2011

My friends and I participated in the Hot Chocolate race this weekend at the National Harbor. The Comfort Inn was a short 2 mile drive to the Harbor. Sure, the property is dated and may not be in the bask of the National Harbor. But, the rooms were updated, the beds were comfortable and the staff could not be any more friendly. They even let us check out at 1pm instead of 11am. Breakfast was free and started at 6am, which worked out perfectly. The expensive hotels do not offer free breakfast; if they offer breakfast at all, it is too late for us runners to partake. Thank you Comfort Inn!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Travelhag
Reviewed November 24, 2011

There is a lot more to be said about this hotel than has been said. We got to DC earlier than expected and decided to stop in for directions to the nearest Metro line stop. Not only did we get directions, the gentleman at the front desk had a room available so we got to drop our stuff off.
We found our room to be clean and comfy even for our family of four. We had enough room to stretch out and the beds were great. We also found Huntington station is a convenient short drive against traffic flow into DC both morning and evening.
We found the breakfast room to have ample room for guests and the staff kept things well stocked throughout the morning. The staff was great about getting us an extra set of towels. It appears to have a family running the hotel and they all pitched in to help out.
On a side note, we also practice tipping. Search it and you'll find it is recommended to leave between $1-$3 for housekeeping. I don't know if it makes a difference but we never found ourselves treated like some people express nor did we have any issues. Our kids made little origami gifts from the simple tip each day.
Like most hotels in this price range, the decor could use a little updating but that doesn't effect the service. We'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Third floor was clean and quiet. It is only a floor up from the ice maker. Fifth floor is the smok...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
MGM National Harbor
#1 of 4 in Oxon Hill
Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center
AC Hotel National Harbor Washington, DC Area

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!