Comfort Inn
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
All reviewsnational harborconvention sitesausage pattiesconvention centerbudget hotelcontinental breakfastclose to downtownyogurta nice place to stayrooms are nicewould stay here againup to dateshuttlegaylorddcconferenceiron
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 23, 2012

This Comfort Inn has been recently renovated. As a matter of fact, the staff were in the process of upgrading the TV in my room when I checked in.

The staff is wonderful, extremely nice. The woman who checked me in was amazing and I feel bad that I couldn't remember her name to properly praise her.

The room has modern decorations, decent shower heads, flat screen TVs, good Wi Fi internet, and a very comfy beds. They also have microwaves and refrigerators. There are a few restaurants around, a Safeway is nearby as well.

Breakfast is pretty good. Egg patties, sausage patties, bagels, waffles, cereals, etc. Wish they had some biscuits, though. :)

Overall, a very good hotel for the money and so close to DC

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank dbaicy
Reviewed January 25, 2012

I have stayed here quite a few times and I like it. The maids clean the rooms well and the rooms look nice. Great wifi (which is important to me) they actually take care of the hotel and it shows . Breakfast in the morning nice breakfast room.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank ILOVE2TRAVEL615
Reviewed December 3, 2011

My friends and I participated in the Hot Chocolate race this weekend at the National Harbor. The Comfort Inn was a short 2 mile drive to the Harbor. Sure, the property is dated and may not be in the bask of the National Harbor. But, the rooms were updated, the beds were comfortable and the staff could not be any more friendly. They even let us check out at 1pm instead of 11am. Breakfast was free and started at 6am, which worked out perfectly. The expensive hotels do not offer free breakfast; if they offer breakfast at all, it is too late for us runners to partake. Thank you Comfort Inn!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Travelhag
Reviewed November 24, 2011

There is a lot more to be said about this hotel than has been said. We got to DC earlier than expected and decided to stop in for directions to the nearest Metro line stop. Not only did we get directions, the gentleman at the front desk had a room available so we got to drop our stuff off.
We found our room to be clean and comfy even for our family of four. We had enough room to stretch out and the beds were great. We also found Huntington station is a convenient short drive against traffic flow into DC both morning and evening.
We found the breakfast room to have ample room for guests and the staff kept things well stocked throughout the morning. The staff was great about getting us an extra set of towels. It appears to have a family running the hotel and they all pitched in to help out.
On a side note, we also practice tipping. Search it and you'll find it is recommended to leave between $1-$3 for housekeeping. I don't know if it makes a difference but we never found ourselves treated like some people express nor did we have any issues. Our kids made little origami gifts from the simple tip each day.
Like most hotels in this price range, the decor could use a little updating but that doesn't effect the service. We'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Third floor was clean and quiet. It is only a floor up from the ice maker. Fifth floor is the smoking floor so avoid if possible.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank jedipastorken
Reviewed November 23, 2011

what more is there to say ? stained bedsheets. stained carpet. appalling state of plumbing in the 'bathroom'. the showercurtain probably had more bacteria on it than a regular toilet seat. when i complained and cleaning staff was sent to my room, they asked me, and i quote, if i wanted a 'thorough cleaning or just a regular everyday one'.

the staff is kind. but quite unaware of the poor quality of the service provided.

breakfast is decent, but the breakfast room is incredibly noisy.

not recommended at all