“A great alternative to the nearby expensive hotels.”

Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC - Oxon Hill
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Oxon Hill
“A great alternative to the nearby expensive hotels.”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I stayed here for a conference at the Gaylord Convention Center. The rooms were clean and it was only 15 min by bus ($1.60) to the Gaylord. I was very pleased with the quality when you consider the price. A nice find.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank scruffypooky
i0181, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC - Oxon Hill, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on Trip Advisor. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Oxon Hill Red Roof Inn. I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.
Bikas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed May 8, 2013

This past weekend my boyfriend and I had a staycation at the Red Roof Inn to get away from things. The price was decent $70.00 a night for the King. The rooms were clean, updated, very modern. It was very quite and located across from shops, food places and a movie theater. I was very surprised about how nice my stay was for the area and I got the great rate through Priceline so no hassles. I would recommend for a few days stay for a good price.

Room Tip: Always shop for the best price ;)
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Asa1988
My name is Bikas Shrestha, and I am the general manager at the Red Roof Inn Oxon Hill, MD. I just want to thank you for taking the time to complete a review on Trip Advisor. I have shared your comments with the rest of the team and I can assure you that it has been a great encouragement to us as we continue to improve our product and services. Thank you again and I hope you continue to have a great stay with the Red Roof Inns.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed February 22, 2013

It's an ok place to stay for a few days. My rooms changed and I had an older room asked to change it because it smelled like smoke that didn't happen. I just felt with it and the front desk person wasn't so pleasant though I said a few words because they seemed not to care. Overall good location and surroundings for the price.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
i0181, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC - Oxon Hill, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Oxon Hill Red Roof. I am sorry that room smelled like smoke; please accept my sincerest apologies. I want you to know that I will be working very closely with my housekeeping and front desk teams to ensure immediate improvement to prevent any future occurrence.
We are happy to let you know that Red Roof Inn Oxon Hill is currently under renovation with all new furnishings, wood floors, flat screen TV’s, drapes, shower curtain and upgrading all of our beds with Love-your-Linens™ and all new comfy bedding with Rest Suite beds by Serta®.

We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon!.

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I have traveled to Washington DC several times this year. I had the pleasure of staying in the Red Roof Inn at Oxon Hill. The service I excellant the staff Pam, George and Barbara made me fill at home. I would suggest if anyone is traveling to DC and need a nice place to stay I would suggest Red Roof Inn Oxon Hill.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Tony W
i0181, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC - Oxon Hill, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thanks very much for your review. It is nice to hear that our front desk staff provided you with good service. I will make sure to share your comments with Pamela, Jorge, Barbara and the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

Front desk clerk Pamela is a excellent worker and place has affordable good prices then nearby hotels. Housekeeping is good will keeping rooms clean and made sure I have everything that I needed during my stay. I have been here for awhile and enjoyed my stay. Close to restaurants and harbor. I can't wait to see the new look of the hotel that will be happening soon.

• Stayed December 2012
i0181, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC - Oxon Hill, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey. It is nice to hear that our front desk employee Pamela and housekeeping provided you with good service. I have shared your comments with the rest of the team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. We hope that you will visit us again in your next stay.
Bikas (GM)
6170 Oxon Hill Road
Oxon Hill MD 20745
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I was hooking up with my daughter who was staying in Alexandria. I chose this place because as a RR I knew what to expect with a Superior King, and that's what I got :-)

It was a little over $100 which isn't bad for this area, and 10 minutes from Alexandria (non rush hour!). Biggest problem was finding it as the road-side sign is fairly small and it is tucked back behind a bank.

The room was large, remodelled, clean, cool and comfortable with working wifi and free long distance (in SK rooms).

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
i0181, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC - Oxon Hill, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you so much for your review of your experience at Red Roof Inn, Oxon Hill. I appreciate your comments regarding your stay. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. We are happy to let you know that Red Roof Inn Oxon Hill is under renovations now with all new furnishings, wood floors, flat screen TV’s, upgrading all of our beds with Love-your-Linens™ and all new comfy bedding with Rest Suite beds by Serta®.

We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon!

Toronto
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Clerk behind bullet proof glass (we arrived before sundown).
Standard room, clean but no hair dryer.
Not far from downtown, but even with the GPS we had a hard time getting there and getting back (we're not new at traveling and navigating new cities.) Next time in DC (we love the city, we will be back) we will spend a little more money and stay closer to the main attractions.
At night, the parking lot is as bright as day and there is police presence. I never once felt unsafe, but definitely on alert as this looks like a poor suburb.
Would I go back? No. Do I recommend this place? Not really.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
i0181, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC - Oxon Hill, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Oxon Hill Red Roof. I am sorry for a dissatisfying stay; please accept my sincerest apologies.

At Red Roof, we strive to provide every customer with superior service; therefore your feedback is very important to us.
We are happy to let you know that Red Roof Inn Oxon Hill is under renovation now with all new furnishings, wood floors, flat screen TV’s, drapes, shower curtain and upgrading all of our beds with Love-your-Linens™ and all new comfy bedding with Rest Suite beds by Serta®.

Red Roof Inn - Oxon Hill
#1 of 4 in Oxon Hill
Hampton Inn & Suites National Harbor/Alexandria Area
Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center
Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC - Oxon Hill? Share your experiences!