“Good value, close to DC/Alexandria”

Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC - Oxon Hill
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Oxon Hill
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I was hooking up with my daughter who was staying in Alexandria. I chose this place because as a RR I knew what to expect with a Superior King, and that's what I got :-)

It was a little over $100 which isn't bad for this area, and 10 minutes from Alexandria (non rush hour!). Biggest problem was finding it as the road-side sign is fairly small and it is tucked back behind a bank.

The room was large, remodelled, clean, cool and comfortable with working wifi and free long distance (in SK rooms).

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
i0181, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC - Oxon Hill, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Thank you so much for your review of your experience at Red Roof Inn, Oxon Hill. I appreciate your comments regarding your stay. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. We are happy to let you know that Red Roof Inn Oxon Hill is under renovations now with all new furnishings, wood floors, flat screen TV’s, upgrading all of our beds with Love-your-Linens™ and all new comfy bedding with Rest Suite beds by Serta®.

We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 13, 2012

Clerk behind bullet proof glass (we arrived before sundown).
Standard room, clean but no hair dryer.
Not far from downtown, but even with the GPS we had a hard time getting there and getting back (we're not new at traveling and navigating new cities.) Next time in DC (we love the city, we will be back) we will spend a little more money and stay closer to the main attractions.
At night, the parking lot is as bright as day and there is police presence. I never once felt unsafe, but definitely on alert as this looks like a poor suburb.
Would I go back? No. Do I recommend this place? Not really.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
i0181, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC - Oxon Hill, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Oxon Hill Red Roof. I am sorry for a dissatisfying stay; please accept my sincerest apologies.

At Red Roof, we strive to provide every customer with superior service; therefore your feedback is very important to us.
We are happy to let you know that Red Roof Inn Oxon Hill is under renovation now with all new furnishings, wood floors, flat screen TV’s, drapes, shower curtain and upgrading all of our beds with Love-your-Linens™ and all new comfy bedding with Rest Suite beds by Serta®.

Red Roof Inn - Oxon Hill

Reviewed February 21, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed to attention a convention in town. It was clean and nice sized room and much cheaper price than the rest of places in town.

However there was no hair dryer which as a female I was highly disappointed. It may have been my fault for not checking what the rooms offered inside, but what hotel doesn't have a small hair dryer hanging on the wall?

The thing that bothered me the most was there were no wash rags. There were large towels and hand towels but no wash rags for the shower. That's a bit unsanitary if you ask me and makes me wonder what people wash WITH. Brining my own wash rag is inconvenient because it stays damp and could get sour in my luggage.

The overall environment of the place was a little uncomfortable and unsafe feeling. If my boyfriend hadn't have been with me I wouldn't have stayed alone nor would I take children to this particular Inn.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Sabrina H
i0181, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC - Oxon Hill, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. I wanted to express my sincerest apologies for no wash rags in the room. Please rest assured that I have personally followed up with housekeeping staff and corrective measures have been taken. We do appreciate your business...

Reviewed September 15, 2011

A standard Red Roof. Clean & comfortable room. Very quick access to Alexandria and southern DC area.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank josefc
Reviewed February 28, 2011

I can't believe this place represents the Red Roof chain. I filed a complaint with corporate after the lady at the front desk said, and I quote (" Sorry,I guess to you we all look alike ..huh?") My jaw dropped!! I had to endure 4 weeks of staying here. They didn't tell me I had to register every week so on Saturday morning they sent the police to my door beating on it telling me I need to get out. I told him I had a four week reservation and he said that's not his problem. I had to go to the front desk and they said this was standard procedure. You can't believe the attitudes here. They are rude, unapologetic,bull headed and stubborn here. They just don't give a crap. The area is dangerous. There is always a cop in the parking lot. The rooms have bugs in them. I woke up in the morning and a roach actually managed to crawl his way into my lighter!! (I will attach photo soon) I hope you think twice about stopping here. I wouldn't wish this place on anyone!!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank Stevo4256
Reviewed October 27, 2010

I travel a lot throughout US and Latin America and have stayed in very poor and humble hotels, specially in Latin America, but this is, by far, the filthiest, disgusting place I've had the bad luck to stay at.

First of all, we arrived by 8.00 pm and the lobby was already closed for "safety" reasons. That gave me an initial idea of where I was. We had to go to a small room, where there is a vending machine and ice maker and a window to the lobby where the front desk person would check you in, but the room was hot as hell.

My reservation was not right, of course.
The person checking us in managed to get us the three rooms, only after begging her to do so.
We all asked for non-smoking rooms and the actual rooms had non-smoking signs but smelled like the hell.

Carpet was filthy and sticky, walls were stained.

Shocked, I walked out to my friends room to find out wether I had been the "lucky one" getting this room. Turns out theirs were the same filthy ratholes.

We had to leave, smelling like we had been at the smokiest bar in the world.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank LunaAtMiami
Reviewed September 2, 2010

The price was reasonable but it kinda seems like a shelter the way people hang around outside all day. Room was reasonably clean, free wifi.......

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
MGM National Harbor
#1 of 4 in Oxon Hill
Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center
Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC - Oxon Hill? Share your experiences!