“Enjoyed my stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Oxon Hill
Herndon, Virginia
“Enjoyed my stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

This is an older building, but well-maintained. Halls and elevator were quite nice, and my room was spotlessly clean--I had no reservations about putting my yoga mat on the carpeted floor.

My room was spacious, and furnished with a large desk and workspace. There were many outlets, well-spaced, for my laptop computer and various electronics that I wanted to recharge.

My room was quiet, and the hotel was generally quiet, possibly because it's not peak tourist season right now. Bed was comfortable. The heat and air conditioning unit in the room was a bit noisy, but completely functional.

The free WiFi had several networks, some slow at times, but no problem finding an adequate Internet connection as needed.

Bath area was spacious; there was plenty of hot water whenever I wanted it, and a powerful shower head.

The in-room coffee maker and coffee were better than average. I enjoyed the free Wall Street Journal.

Front desk and other staff were friendly and attentive.

The location is near many places of interest; free parking. I didn't find the immediate neighborhood particularly interesting; neither did it make me at all uncomfortable.

It is likely I will return.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
5 Thank Christine-McK

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

I stayed from July 28-31 for a family reunion. There were two family reunions that weekend and one night was an event with 20 or so vendors and a DJ. With that being said there were no incidents of loud noises or disturbances.

Location - good location, close to fast food restaurants and stores. I read reviews about the area being a little “iffy” and “urban”, I agree but had no problems.

Room – for the most part it was clean however there were quite a few tiny ants in my bathroom. I heard a lot of other guests complain about ants as well.

Front Desk – very courteous and helpful

Pool – I didn’t take advantage of the pool but it looked clean and well kept (the kids loved it)

Restaurant – I only ate in restaurant on Sunday for breakfast buffet; food was good, nice selection and they had an omelet station. A couple family members ordered breakfast on Friday morning and waited over 30 minutes for their food! It seemed as if the restaurant was understaffed. I was glad I avoided that headache by driving down the street to McDonalds.

Bar – I didn’t utilize but did see plenty of people sitting there and the lounge area was nice and spacious.

Parking – ample parking but the rear of the building was not well lit.

There really isn’t much else to say, it’s just a regular hotel, no bells and whistles.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank NeeNee34
Wadsworth, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2011

Visit to DC for Cherry Blossom Festival with 1,000,000 of our closest friends! Found this location across the Potomac from Alexandria, VA and right around the corner from National Harbor for almost $100 less per night than any other major chain. Easy access to highway 10 minutes to Southern Blvd Metro. This is not the best best neighborhood, and those not comfortable in a very urban area might want to look elsewhere. We had no problems, and were heading into the city early each morning, and returned late each night.

Room was clean, large and quiet. There were two or three school groups there at the same time, but we simply requested a floor they were not on, and never had a problem.

Front desk was efficient and friendly, as well as all the staff we encountered.

We only used the pool once, but it was adequate. We didn't eat or drink at the restaurant/bar.

Parking was ample and secure. No large chains within walking distance, but national Harbor with restaurants and shops was right around the corner, and Old Town Alexandria was right back across the Potomac with hundreds of place to shop and eat.

Bottom line is this was a great value for a visit to DC.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank jasperboy86
Farmington Hills, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2010

My husband and I had to travel from MI to Ft. Washington for a friend's funeral. This hotel was 1 of 3 recommended to us by the deceased's family. Upon arrival I was met by a very pleasant and professional receptionist name Denise. I explained why we were in MD and that we were very tired from the long drive. I wanted to upgrade to a suite if possible. Denise found us a lovely suite (#828) on a quiet floor. The bed was so comfortable we slept all thru the night with no disturbance. We travel often usually staying @ 4 & above stars hotel. This stay @ this hotel certainly rates as a 4 stars. The restaurant food and service was great.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank bjc79
Richmond, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2010

We have stayed at this hotel about a dozen times during the last 12 months. It is absolutely the cleanest, best appointed hotel near DC, in our opinion (and we have been forced to try other hotels during the same period). Every one on the staff treats you like family, makes you feel welcome, goes out of their way to be helpful.

Rooms are quite large and well appointed. Bed linens smell so fresh and clean.

Restaurant provides a really good evening meal for the money.

Short commute to anywhere you need to be.

Cannot say enough good things about this place. Thank goodness we located this hotel on our first trip to visit a sick friend. By now, it always feels like being home away from home.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
4 Thank KathyinVirginia
whatanutt
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2010

I had several problems with my stay. The cable went out on night one at 9 pm and didn't come back the whole night. When it did come back the next day, the free HBO was gone from my room. One both nights I took late showers, both times there was no hot water after 9pm. No laundry service unless you pay for staff to do it for you, fee/price list not given. $10 fee to rent a microwave and there is no fridge in the room. For a 'smoke free' facility, the place reeks of cigarettes. The person who cleaned my bath, left there rag behind. It's a bit out of the way. The bed does offer both real and artificial down pillow, which was nice. No comp. breakfast. The room had a constant damp feel. Very no frills. For this price, you can get more somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank whatanutt

Travelers are raving about these Oxon Hill hotels

Southern Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2010

The hotel was nice enough. Bed was extremely comfortable. TV was seriously out of date (small tube style with poor quality). The neighborhood to the east made my family and me a little uneasy. There are only a few national-chain restaurants nearby. The indoor swimming pool was only open one hour per day (9PM-10PM), which was kind of odd. Some front desk clerks even thought the pool wasn't even open at all.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Hampton Inn & Suites National Harbor/Alexandria Area
Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC - Oxon Hill
The Westin Washington National Harbor
AC Hotel National Harbor Washington, DC Area

Been to Harborside Hotel? Share your experiences!