“not quite home, but darn good”
Review of Levi's Barbeque - CLOSED

Levi's Barbeque
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed July 27, 2014

We were looking for another southern BBQ we had been told to visit while in the area but we couldn't find it and just kind of decided to try Levi's instead when we saw it. This is grandma style cooking, but not quite as good. No frills, very reasonable price and huge portions. You can tell they have a loyal following. Catfish was cooked wonderfully and my collard greens heavenly, cornbread was hard and dry. Yams could have been softer, but were seasoned well. My husband and son enjoyed the pork ribs. I didn't ask hubby how he liked the mac & cheese but he ate it all, so I would say it was good. Would definitely go back.

1  Thank RHF67

Reviewed June 6, 2014

While the food is good and the serving sizes are big, the place itself is a little on the tired side. They do have a very good $4.99 lunch special that was big enough for my wife to take 1/2 of it back to the hotel for dinner.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

I ate here one time and felt the staff was slow on a VERY slow night. The food was average in taste but large portions. The price was reasonable.

2  Thank TKWare2000
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I ate at Levi's a couple of years ago and loved it, just good food no frills. Driving thru the area yesterday and had an itch for some soul food. Stopped by Levi's and waited my turn in line. Ordered and as I was waiting two roaches found there way up onto the counter by the food. I told a person behind the counter and they said to "knock them on the floor and kill them", very nonchalantly. Now my grandmother kept an immaculate house and she had roaches because of neighbors so I get it to some extent, but not where I am buying my cooked food. We have health and sanitation standards for a reason. I have been in this industry for 20 plus years and this is not acceptable.. I wanted to stay and enjoy the food and very dissapointed walking out.

4  Thank Bldybutcha
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I arrived in DC on 12/30/12 and stayed at the Comfort Inn (will write a review later) due to being in town a day earlier to go to the Gaylord. We got checked-in and then walked to see what was around the hotel and came upon Levi's Barbecue. We continued to walk around and eventually went back to our room and looked for places to eat around the area. We eventually just decided to go to Levi's. The place is nothing special and the windows are blacked out and steamed up. When we walked in the place, it had several tables and it was cafeteria style. We walked up to the counter and I ordered the Rib Tips with mac & cheeese and potatoe salad. She ordered the baked chicken with yams and mac & cheese. For both meals we paid $17 which was pretty cheap for the two dinners which were huge. Like I said that place is nothing special and neither are the employees but the food is good.

2  Thank h b