“Perfect for kids”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cave Junction
Out 'n' About Treehouse Treesort
Los Angeles, California
“Perfect for kids”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I took my young son (he was probably 10 at the time) for a week here a few years ago. It was the perfect place for a week with/for a young kid. If you have children, take them here. They will have a incredible time and it will be a warm and exciting memory filled with great stories they will carry with them the remainder of their lives. BTW, the breakfasts they make in the lodge/kitchen was awesome. My son loved them as much as I did.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank Chris B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Grants Pass, Oregon
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I had to write this review because of some of the negative reviews that I read on here about the 'treesort'. This is not a luxury resort, this place is for people with a sense of adventure and a heart that refuses to grow up. If people did a little research then they wouldn't have misplaced expectations of what the 'treesort' is all about. I was lucky enough to grow up in the Illinois Valley where the Out n About is located. This place is full of good times and memories for me. My best explanation of what a 'treesort' is, it's an e-wok village, from the spiral staircase to the long suspension bridges the Out n About is sure to bring out your inner child. The highest tree house is almost 50' in the air, 50 feet!! What I like best about recommending the Out n About to people is you decide the level of amenities you want from no electricity or running water to a to tree house with a toilet, shower, kitchen, and a queen size bed it's all up to you. They have a number of activities from horseback riding to an awesome zip line course and Tarzan swing. The best time to go depends on what your seeking, summer is a great time for a family with all the activities, and not to mention ONE OF THE BEST 4TH OF JULY CELEBRATIONS EVER!!!! The fireworks show rivals that of many larger nearby cities, that's on top of all the local food vendors and bands that play. My wife and I enjoy going during the winter, you can beat the crowds and snuggle up nice and cozy for a romantic two days or longer and you'll be happy to get the off season rate as well. If you don't believe me check out what the travel channel has to say about it.

Room Tip: If your planning a trip during the summer months make sure that you plan and book WAY in advance. Th...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
10 Thank JoshuaBlu
Oregon
Reviewed September 28, 2012

My husband surprised me for my 50th birthday by planning a little getaway to the Out 'n' About Treesort. He knows me well, because I loved it!! We stayed in the first treehouse ever built on the property, "The Peacock Perch," and enjoyed our cozy little home for two nights. I think this place is for people who have a spirit of fun and are adventurous! Even though there was not a toilet in our treehouse (some of the fancier ones do have them), they provided a chamber pot under the bed in case you didn't want to walk down the stairs at night. But, it is safe and well-lit if you do decide to venture out.

The treehouse was so cozy. We really loved it! And it was fun to walk on the suspended walkways between the various treehouses and pick our favorites. The treehouses are all unique and special. We enjoyed sitting on our balcony sipping a glass of wine, and watching families play and enjoy each other around the campfire. Staying here is a little like "upscale camping." You can fix meals on the BBQ but still have a really comfy bed to sleep in. We had fun biking to town (about 10 miles) to eat at restaurants for dinner. The property has a fantastic zipline course, horseback riding, and a swimming pool. Great place! We are planning on going back when we have grandkids some day :)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank sassysteph
Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 22, 2012

This experience is hard to rate. If you are looking for excellence in accommodations, this won't score that highly, but if you are looking for a fun, unconventional experience, this fits the bill. The treesort is located about 10 miles from Cave Junction and any restaurants. Our room was 'elementree' which was small, had no heat, bath or toilet. The bed was a pallet with a thin futon-type mattress, about one step about camping out. Breakfast was very good and everyone working there was friendly and accommodating. We just stayed one night and did the basic zipline course the next morning. That was a blast and very well done. The guides were very helpful and fun. Seems like a prefect place for family with lots of activities. For us, it was a lark and was a one night fun experience.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Bob M
Washougal, Washington
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Went here several years ago with the kids. Very very fun. I think if some of the other campers were more friendly or had kids that were not as crazy, we might have had more fun, but these kids were out of control. Great location, lots to do and see, Caves were a great experience, and I would recommend for one night for anyone wanting a different adventure.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank PhfamWA
Parlin, New Jersey
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We found this place by accident. We were travelling to crater lake but it was still filled with snow. We went on line to see what was in the area we were travelling and found the caves. We looked up hotels and this one popped up. We decided to see if we could get a room. We were very lucky, the last room available. We took it. I was travelling with my 28 year old son and we both felt like kids again. We loved it so much we stayed 2 nights. This is a great place the atmosphere is great, the rooms are all unique, we peeked in all of them in the morning after people checked out. I told everyone about this place and said it was one of the BEST FINDS on our little vacation trip. I highly recommend this to families, a great place with small kids - I had a big one and we also enjoyed. there is a camp fire and grill to cook your food and the serve the best breakfast.

Room Tip: We had the room 36' feet in tree. Ours room had a sink and toilet. Not all rooms have them and...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank shari8052
Roseville, California
Reviewed August 30, 2012

This place is something everyone should experience. We took our kids and now we are planning a trip back with our nieces. Sleeping up in a tree is awesome, and the suspension bridge to get there was fun. At night we roasted marshmallows with the other campers. In the day we swam in the pool, rented horses and did the zip lines. The staff was friendly and the whole experience was very unique.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank tonyaramos

Been to Out 'n' About Treehouse Treesort? Share your experiences!