“Must stop here when passing through”
Review of Taylor's Sausage

Taylor's Sausage
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Could be a destination for some. HUGE selection of fresh meats, also smoked and sausages, cheeses, delicacies. OR step up to the food counter and order breakfast or sandwiches, YUM. Doesn't hurt they have 3 flavors of local beer on tap. Warning, lunchtime is hectic. First time, there was too much information to process, had to go back. ;)

1  Thank auntiebk
There are newer reviews for Taylor's Sausage

Reviewed December 12, 2012

We've been through Cave Junction a few times and stopped for lunch in this tiny town once or twice...but probably just blew by Taylor's Sausage, thinking it was just a smoked meat store, not a restaurant. Thanks to TA (and the disappearance of whatever places we had patronized before), I was determined to check this place out. Less enthused was Mrs. Oregonpoppa, who was ready to bail out and run nextdoor to her good old, reliable Subway. She was glad she didn't.
We were both bowled over by the size of both the establishment and the number of employees running around serving customers at the meat counters and in the restaurant. And by the long walls lined with endless varieties of sausage and carefully packaged meats. The counters held everything from steak and prime rib to specialty sausages. I was very sorry we didn't have an ice chest with us on this trip. I would have spent a pretty penny at Taylors.
We had lunch in the restaurant. The Mrs. had the luncheon barbecued chicken special complete with baked beans and stringbeans (all for $6.95) and I had a tasty burger for $5.50. Next time we make this trip, I'll be bringing the ice chest!

1  Thank oregonpoppa
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This unique store and restaurant in Cave Junction offers a broad range of fabulous meats that are processed at that location. Need a place to process your deer or elk meat? This is it.

1  Thank Craig B
Reviewed December 7, 2012

An amazing variety of sausage, smoked meats, jerkies, and sausage sticks. Fresh and frozen products. As well, a hot deli. This place is an institution.

We sampled several varieties of sausage there, from the hot deli. I found the sausage to be decidedly bland, but well made. Took home a small ham, some bacon, some butt bacon, a jerky, and some land jeagers (dried hunters sausage sticks). The only thing I really enjoyed were the land jeagers.

The traditional jerky was sticky with sweet ooze. The ham was flavorful, but definitely tough. The bacons were bland.

Typically I try to buy smoked meats that are free of nitrites. Although this is a local smokehouse establishment, they don't go that way.

I will take visitors there when they come through and we are up that way, because it is just that kind of place.

1  Thank SnorkelFiend34
Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

FIrst of all, Taylor's is one of the best meat markets in Southern Oregon with a huge selection of sausages, smoked meats, jerky, and the usual meat market fare. They make all the items themselves and even have gift packs that you can send to friends and relatives. I haved tried a large variety of the jerky, pepperoni, and smoked meat products and have found them all to be excellent.

I have stopped in for their lunch sandwiches and they are the special sandwiches that one would expect from a great deli. We plan to order a gift pack for our son on the east coast who can't soom to find good smoked meat.