Salt Lake City Marriott University Park
Comfort Inn Downtown(Salt Lake City)
$88
$76
Hampton Inn Salt Lake City-Downtown(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
$129
Hampton.com
Comfort Suites Airport(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
$81
Salt Lake Plaza Hotel(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
$101
$90
$65
$109
Doubletree.com
  • Pool
Kimpton Hotel Monaco Salt Lake City(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
$157
$149
  • Restaurant
Salt Lake City Marriott City Center(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
$157
  • Restaurant
Metropolitan Inn(Salt Lake City)
$67
Grand America Hotel(Salt Lake City)
$359
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewsfront deskresearch parkconcierge roomnatural history museumred butte gardennice hotelsalt lakefull serviceviews of the mountainsfree parkingfitness centerdowntown areastarbucksutahlobbyutesatrium
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 29, 2014

We pricelined this motel and got an amazing price. The motel is very clean and new and fresh, and something about the room smelled wonderful-like a hint of herbs somewhere. I think it might be the line of soaps and shampoos they are using, which are very nice. Nice bed and sheets, although one reviewer said it was a pillowtop-I threw the covers back and didnt see pillow top, but rather a Denver mattress company and no pillow top, but still comfortable.

Room Tip: Not sure-we were across from the pool and it was very quiet. The whole motel was quiet and peaceful.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2014

The room was recently updated. It is modern and sleek. The bed was the most comfortable I have slept on, the sheets to die for. The room looked and smelled clean and fresh. The breakfast buffet was delicious with fresh local cheese and plenty of choices to choose from. The setting in the foothills was a an added bonus. Gorgeous!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Only two reasons this didn't get a full five-stars from me. There is no complimentary in-room WiFi and no complimentary breakfast of any kind. Other than that, it is an outstanding hotel choice.

As another reviewer said, if you don't need to stay in downtown SLC proper then consider the University Park Marriott. The staff was above-and-beyond friendly and helpful. Even just passing them in the halls, they would ask if my stay was enjoyable and if there was anything I needed. Always smiling, always cheerful. I appreciate that very much in a hotel.

The facility itself was well-maintained and the stunning lobby even has a Chihuly glass sculpture hanging in it. There's a restaurant that also provides room service, a beautiful and spacious bar area and a Starbucks right in the hotel.

I can't blame the hotel for Utah's tight liquor laws or other food and beverage oddities (like not being able to order just a beer unless you ordered some kind of food item with it). If this hotel were anywhere else, they'd get bonus points from me on those things as well. As it stands, the food and drinks were pricey, but you'd expect as much from a hotel of this level. The quality of the food was very good.

The rooms were outstanding. Small but not confining, with every amenity you'd expect. When I needed a microwave, they had a small one sent up to my room. Outstanding customer service. The beds were firm and felt new, the sheets and comforters were clean and refreshing, the furniture was relaxing and the views were outstanding. We saw a buck grazing outside on the lawn the first morning after we arrived.

Finally, their shuttle can take you to downtown or to the nearby Trax station where you can find cheap and reliable transportation just about anywhere in SLC.

This is an outstanding hotel that I would highly recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank WashingtonOurHome
Reviewed July 26, 2014

If you just passing through Salt Lake City and don't have a reason to be right downtown, this is the place to stay. It is situated in the Research Park area of the University of Utah, on the hill east of town. The location is extremely quiet. The hotel has been recently renovated and is clean and odor free. The bathrooms are spotless with a walk in tiled shower. The beds have pillowtop mattresses, WI-Fi (not free) and refrigerators. Unfortunately, our room did not have a safe in the room. There is a fitness center, a business center, a fitness room, and an indoor pool and jacuzzi. The staff is very helpful. Parking is free. Best of all, our 1 King Bed room was $93 for a senior rate on a Friday night. If you have time in the morning, the spectacular Natural History Museum of Utah is just up the hill from the hotel and is wonderful for children of all ages.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2014

I have been staying and reviewing many hotels in Salt Lake for the past couple of months, and must say that this is my number one overall choice.
I scored a stay here for a great deal off of travelocity. I was a little apprehensive because its not in downtown Salt Lake, but closer to the University.

The minute I stepped into the fully modern facility I was greeted with many smiles and hello's from staff. As I headed up to my room on the elevator I was asked where I was from and how I was doing by a staff member. I felt important but didn't look it with my shorts and backwards ball cap.
As I made it to the room, I struggled to with the key. A staff member happened to see me struggle and offered his assistance.

Once I made it into my room I found a very modern, updated room, and talk about immaculate. I generally find something wrong with a room, random hair, dirt, holes or dirty sheets.....but there was nothing I could spot at this time.

I made it to the bed and fell in love. This had to be the most comfortable bed I have found in all of Salt Lake. I tried to come up with every excuse to stay in this bed and not go to work...but I finally ended up going to work.

Room service was exceptional. They even called to make sure everything was alright and if I was enjoying my stay.

95% of the staff I encountered on this stay spoke with me, helped me, or just acknowledged me.

WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE????????

I only have two minor complaints... one NO WI-FI, you have to purchase it. Second..I told you I was a freak. I found stains on the bed skirts. I know I'm not the only one that doesn't think it's coffee stains on the bed skirts. Your in a hotel, your mind goes automatically to gross.

But my hats off to the staff for an amazing experience. I look forward to my next stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo