Salt Lake City Marriott University Park
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Skyline Inn(Salt Lake City)
View Hotel
Carlton Hotel(Salt Lake City)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Grand America Hotel(Salt Lake City)
  • Pool
Little America Hotel(Salt Lake City)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfront deskresearch parkconcierge roomnatural history museumred butte gardennice hotelsalt lakefull serviceviews of the mountainsfree parkingking bedfitness centerdowntown areastarbucksutahlobbyatrium
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I really like this Marriott property. I stay only at Marriotts, and this is one of my favorite rooms. Yes, they are going through renovations in the lobby and halls, but my room was completely redone and work is done during business hours. Room was clean, bed comfy, and bathroom was a stall shower, not a tub w/ shower curtain! Not to mention the decor was not the typical red and gold, but greens and blues. I know, who the heck cares on color, but when you stay at Marriotts every week like I do, it matters. The hotel is up in the foot hills so there are great views of SLC and the mountains. There are no loud freeways nearby which makes for a peaceful rest.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Let me start with the good - the people working there are really really nice, helpful, just great. Rooms are fine and clean, beds OK, everything worked properly except the alarm clock that went off in the middle of the night. Plenty of parking. The hotel is still experiencing renovation but we were not impacted by it. Enormous Dale Chihuly chandelier in the lobby. So all in all, OK. Except that the food there was just under mediocre, the service in the bar was remarkably unprofessional (albeit pleasant) and expensive - a bottle of La Crema Pinot Noir (usually @$20- 22.) for $65.00. Ridiculous and opened at the bar and brought to the table corked again - glasses out and poured without asking anyone to check it first. No lemon in the bar for a tea order. No lemon in a bar? The hotel doesn't offer in-room movies. We had traveled all day and wanted to watch a movie and relax after going out to dinner. The spa? Bleachy fumed pool - no thanks. Exercise machine looked OK but I didn't use them. We wanted to sit out on the patio next to the pool for some sun but someone (probably from one of the the HS reunions the previous evening- had vomited out there and it wasn't cleaned up. Not restful sunning. And so - average rating. If not for the bar and movies I would say very good. Location would also be problematic except that we were there for something five minutes away. Very close to the wonderful Red Butte facilities.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I came to this hotel to attend a concert at Red Buttes, which is close and convenient. The hotel was under construction, and I was unaware of this when the room was booked. I was in and out in 1 night, but still, I wouldn't have stayed there if I knew about the construction. The lobby was a complete mess, walking over wires, plastic tarps. Hopefully it is fixed by now, that was 2 mos. ago. Front desk and bar workers very very good and friendly. Gave good recommendation for
pizza.

Room Tip: Make sure there is no construction.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We recently held a strategy meeting for our company where we brought in our consultants from all over the US to SLC. All of them told us that the rooms were great. The meeting room (boardroom) was wonderful with a great view. The staff were attentive and the food & beverage and equipment went off without any hitches. I will DEFINITELY plan another meeting here. We were very pleased with the entire experience!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My family and I just got back from having an enjoyable and relaxing stay. We were there for my birthday weekend and Shelby and Dani- front desk- were very pleasant to work with and always greeted us with a warm smile. It is right next to the U of U and Hogle Zoo and about a 10 min. drive to downtown SLC. Its up the hill so it has great views of the Salt Lake Valley. The indoor pool and jacuzzi were perfect for the kids and the room we stayed in was renovated with a fridge. As a Utah Alum this hotel was also well known for housing the eccentric late Coach Rick Majerus.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family