“good bargin”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #64 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I stayed last night at the downtown rodeway inn in salt lake city utah. I thoght I recevied pretty good value for my money. The room was clean, the breakfeast bar was ok. The staff was helpful with directions.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank george o

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Ugh. This place is an absolute dump. Motel 6 is a palace compared to this place. I've stayed at the Motel 6 across the street and it's so much cleaner.
I made a reservation online and prepaid two nights; if not for their no-cancellation process I would've walked out right after walking in.
When I tried to open the back door into the corridor from the parking lot my key wouldn't work. I had to carry my luggage around to the front door. I asked the front desk guy if my key was defective when asking about the back door and he just said, unapologetically, "oh, there's a problem with the doors." Okay, got it... a known problem that they won't fix!
Next I walked down the hallway to find my room, appalled at the stained carpet and dreary lighting. It was obvious that this place hadn't seen paint or a steam cleaner in years.
Depression set in when I got to my room. The carpet is so stained that I didn't know if I wanted to walk barefoot in the room. There are horrendous stains on the carpet and the bedding.
I walked back down the dreary hall to find some drinking water...only to find that the Pepsi vending machine on my floor had no power.
No exaggeration...this hotel is a disaster. Stay somewhere else...anywhere else.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Leif D
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I have stayed here quite a few times and i have had a very pleasant experience everytime. There is a complimentary breakfast every morning,which is great when you're short on time! The staff is very friendly and always smiling, and the maid service staff all work very hard and rooms and hotel is always clean. If ever there are disturbances, they are taken care of quietly & quickly. The hotel is in an excellent location with many restaraunts, bars, music venues & convention center all within walking distance. I have felt very safe & comfortable there and will definitely return.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank nattym76
Reviewed June 13, 2013

The room was not comfy, needed to be refreshed. Because of a permanent continuous noise, Had the feeling to be in a plane or on a ferry boat. The carpet is really dirty with red chewing gum stuck on it. The blanket needed to be washed (must admit i slept with my cloth on) and although it was a non smoking room blanket, iron table, even toilet were burnt with cigarette. Why did i let a second stars however ? Because there is a Starbucks nearby

Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank SandrineRamdane
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I have stayed here numerous times over the past three years and have experience the major changes made to the facility especially during 2012. Room upgraded, Flat Panel TVs, excellent WIFI covering whole hotel now, new dining room and remodeled lobby. Try it you'll like it.
Ed

Room Tip: Best to call in for reservation...! No pool eventhough this page requires comment on that
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Edmond L
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Very good for the money and staff are very nice. I stay all the time there and we are real comfort there..the staff are so kind to you. .I been in several rooms and do have my favorite. But most of them are ok..tv ac everything does work.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank cheralynn
Reviewed April 19, 2013

The hotel is old, run down and has paper thin walls. Thank goodness the people next door sound nice and laugh a lot. But the worst problem is the deceptive promotions by Choice Hotels International Inc. We were promised a third night free if we stayed in one of their chains two nights, but the rules keep changing and now on night four we still don't qualify! I thought we would be entitled to two free nights by this point. I would not recommend this hotel in particular because it is probably the worst hotel room I have ever stayed in, plus the company does not live up to its promises.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple