“Ski trip to Utah” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #23 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Atlanta, Georgia
“Ski trip to Utah”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2006

We stayed two nights (Feb. 2nd-4th) at the Marriott Downtown Salt Lake City, on a last minute ski trip to Utah.

We found the staff to be friendly and helpful. We took advantage of their ski package that includes lift tickets to the ski area of your choice. This works out to be a lot less expensive than even discounted lift tickets offered around town.

We felt the room was just average for a Marriott. We were on the 14th floor facing south. The room was clean and comfortable. But I wasn't overly impressed. I read various positive reviews before I booked it and I guess I was expecting something special. It seemed to look and feel like any typical downtown Marriott. I have previously stayed at the less expensive Sheraton down the street and found the rooms to be very similar. The Marriott also charges $10/day for parking where other hotels do not charge. We ate breakfast at the hotel and thought it was very good.

In summary, I would stay there again for the friendly staff and the affordable ski package. But I would not pay a lot extra to stay here over other area hotels.

• Stayed February 2006
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
13 Thank J L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Juno Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2006

Stayed at this hotel for a conference. I enjoyed my stay. Rooms were good size and front desk service was wonderful! Conference food supplied by hotel was great. Elevations restaurant food was average. Centrally located to all downtown spots.

• Stayed January 2006, traveled on business
5 Thank guavabean
Saratoga Springs, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2005

We stayed in the Marriott Downtown for one night. Our stay was great. The view was beautiful from our window. The rooms are very nice and we will stay again when the opportunity arises.

• Stayed November 2005
6 Thank Erx733
NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2005

I stayed at the Marriott for the weekend of Sept 9-11th. I will say, the moment I got into the lobby, I was checked in, in less than 2mins. It was quite impressive. The lobby is very elegant, they have two restaurants, a bar, and a Starbucks. It was very clean, our room had a nice view of the city. Big king bed, and plushy pillows. Its right across from the streetcar line which takes you to surrounding areas. Temple Square can be viewed from certain areas of the hotel, you can see the mountains in front of you. The hotel has access to the mall from the ground level. Overall its nice for the price..

• Stayed September 2005
3 Thank jmoreno76
Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2005

While I found Salt Lake City a little on the boring side, my stay at the Marriott Downtown was a very pleasant experience.

I attended a week long conference at the Marriott and Salt Palace across the street. My room was spacious, extremely clean, well appointed, quiet, and had a very comfortable bed and pillows. The view from my 14th floor room was very pleasant. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. I give them an A+.

The only downside - very minor - is that the bar, Pitchers, is rather small. Regardless of the size, the bar staff was very accomodating - you'll never go thristy or hungry.

Overall, I rate this as one of the best hotel stays I have ever had.

• Stayed May 2005, traveled on business
6 Thank Paperclip1951
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2002

Got this through Priceline for $32. He he. Was mid-week, 1 night, first week of October 2002. Self-parking was $8 per night, so that raised the effective price to $40.

They gave us a non-smoking room with king-size bed on 14th floor even though we were priceline freeloaders. Never treated us like second class citizens. Staff was very helpful with directions to places.

Loved our stay. Bed was most luxurious and comfortable I have ever stayed in. Pillow top was a little too soft for my wife's back, though.

Used pool and hot tub. Very nice. Very large fitness/workout room (actually 2 -- a cardio rooom was separate), but didn't use them. Don't like the types of weight machines they had.

Whole place had very luxurious feel to it. Don't know what most people pay for a room here but I can definitely say this was a very well spent $32/$40.

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member