We stayed two nights (Feb. 2nd-4th) at the Marriott Downtown Salt Lake City, on a last minute ski trip to Utah.
We found the staff to be friendly and helpful. We took advantage of their ski package that includes lift tickets to the ski area of your choice. This works out to be a lot less expensive than even discounted lift tickets offered around town.
We felt the room was just average for a Marriott. We were on the 14th floor facing south. The room was clean and comfortable. But I wasn't overly impressed. I read various positive reviews before I booked it and I guess I was expecting something special. It seemed to look and feel like any typical downtown Marriott. I have previously stayed at the less expensive Sheraton down the street and found the rooms to be very similar. The Marriott also charges $10/day for parking where other hotels do not charge. We ate breakfast at the hotel and thought it was very good.
In summary, I would stay there again for the friendly staff and the affordable ski package. But I would not pay a lot extra to stay here over other area hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Features an excellent fitness center and pool, located adjacent to City Creek Mall and across the street from the Salt Palace Convention Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Marriott, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz and Jetsetter so you can book your Salt Lake Marriott Downtown at City Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Salt Lake City Downtown Hotel Salt Lake City
- Salt Lake City Marriott
- Salt Lake Marriott Downtown At City Creek Salt Lake City, Utah