I stayed here for a conference in May. The room was nice...I think I got a phat comfy king bed for the stay, which was very comfortable and THE most important thing about a hotel to me. Bathroom was nice and clean. View sucked....overlooked the building itself and some other non-descript buildings around the downtown area...no views of mountains or scenery.
The service was good, but...I left a couple books behind in the room and despite repeated calls to the Front Desk, Lost & Found, Security, Housekeeping, etc., they were unable to find them. Absolutely 100% my fault for leaving them behind, but a little disconcerting they didn't even attempt to store them at L&F.
Construction: There is major construction going on around the hotel, which made entering the drop-off/pick-up interesting, but access to the parking garage was OK. Also, the conference I was attending was right across the street at the Salt Palace, and the construction made it a little difficult to cross the street. None of this is unbearable, just a nuisance.
The business center is smallish, but computer and printing capabilities were VERY easy to use...you always pay more than you want to print/fax/use their workstations.
The hotel is within walking distance of most of the stuff going on downtown, so that's nice. Not too far to walk even to the nice outdoor mall near the train depot, especially on a nice day/night. You're also right near the Mormon Temple if you want to tour their grounds.
There is a Starbuck's just off the hotel lobby, so that was very nice.
The gym is small, but probably larger than most hotels, and it has just about everything you need; the treadmills work just fine; they have a decent-sized pool for a hotel and a hot tub, although I used neither.
All-in-all, not a bad hotel. Not my best experience, but by far not the worst. The worst part of the trip was traveling w/ my a-hole boss.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Features an excellent fitness center and pool, located adjacent to City Creek Mall and across the street from the Salt Palace Convention Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Priceline, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your Salt Lake Marriott Downtown at City Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Salt Lake City Downtown Hotel Salt Lake City
- Salt Lake City Marriott
- Salt Lake Marriott Downtown At City Creek Salt Lake City, Utah