My family and I stayed at the Marriott City Creek in Salt Lake on our road trip to Yellowstone National Park and again on our return trip about 10 days later. I chose this hotel for it's close proximity to Interstate 15 and the fact that it is connected to a beautiful newer upscale mall in the downtown area. City Creek Mall had many cool stores, designer shops and interesting eateries. I knew we would not have to go "on a safari" to find a good restaurant for dinner. As with many major cities, Salt Lake is restoring it's downtown area and from what I saw, they are doing an excellent job of it!
The Marriott at City Creek is a really nice stay! The lobby decor is very contemporary, guest friendly, welcoming and decorated in very good taste. Our first room overlooked the rooftop and air conditioning units, but our accommodations drastically improved on the second overnight stay! We had a really nice room overlooking the city lights with floor to ceiling windows for a super view! The first stay included breakfast for 2 guests and it was great! I can't think of one breakfast item that the hotel restaurant didn't offer on it's all you can eat buffet, including fresh made omelets! The homemade granola was delicious! Five stars! The pool and workout area is top notch and all insomniac hotel guests are able to use the gym facility 24 hours! Unfortunately, our travel schedule didn't allow us to use the pool, but it looked really tempting!
My review would not be complete without mentioning a special bellman named Chris who bent over backwards and gave us lots of valuable information about the area restaurants, sights etc. He remembered us from our first stay 10 days earlier! Chris was a really sincere, friendly, nice guy who obviously enjoyed his job and portrayed a very positive service image for this hotel!
My only complaint was the minuscule size of the toiletries and only 1 wimpy decaf coffee offered in a hotel room which is expect to sleep at least 2 adults…….. I wasn't too happy about being "nickel and dimed" for hotel parking ($$$) and WiFi at an additional cost of $9.95……....You might expect that from a campground or a budget motel, but not from the Marriott Corporation! I would suggest nixing the up charge for WiFi and charging a little more for rooms and let ALL guests enjoy a nice breakfast included. Hotel guests will definitely feel that they are getting much more for their money!
All in all, a really good stay!! : )
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Features an excellent fitness center and pool, located adjacent to City Creek Mall and across the street from the Salt Palace Convention Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Salt Lake Marriott Downtown at City Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Salt Lake City Downtown Hotel Salt Lake City
- Salt Lake City Marriott
- Salt Lake Marriott Downtown At City Creek Salt Lake City, Utah