“Perfect Location & Just Plain Perfect”

Salt Lake Marriott Downtown at City Creek
Ranked #27 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed April 22, 2014

My wife and I visited SLC for Comic Con and we were lucky enough to find a room right across the street in the VERY awesome Salt Lake City Downtown Marriott! We walked right across the road to The Salt Palace, seriously, it was just that simple. Every staff member we talked to, from the front desk to housekeeping and valet... were all wonderful and friendly. The room was great, and comfortable, the lobby was beautiful and the underground parking was very convenient. We loved our stay and whenever we need a room in SLC we will now always stay here. If there is a room available, WE'LL TAKE IT!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on one of the upper floors, the views are great!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Salt Lake Marriott Downtown at City Creek

Reviewed April 12, 2014

If you are touring the Temple Square or going to a convention at The Salt Palace, this is your place. 1/2 block from Temple Square, across the street from Sal Palace, 1 block from Creek Side shopping mall and light rail. Typical excellence for Marriott as far as rooms and service. My only bug about room is we were stuck in a room with two doubles instead of a king and being charged for wireless in our room! Seriously that's ridiculous! The breakfast buffet was good but way too much for quality.

Room Tip: Rooms on south side above 4 the floor have beautiful valley and mountain views. I would think on nor...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank ORFranP86
Reviewed April 11, 2014

I always stay at a Marriott, if there is one available. The room for my stay was nice, clean and centrally located to where I wanted to be. One issue was not getting any instruction when I arrived to tell me where the room elevators were. I finally figured out on my own that the parking elevators and room elevators are next to each other. Most hotels I stay in have the separate, so that was a bit confusing initially. The other issue was the person who checked me in did not give me a map or any other information that would have made logistics easier. The fact that you are located right next to City Creek Mall is a big deal, but no where did I see or hear about that. You should talk that up! Tell people the best way to get to the mall from the hotel, things nearby, recommendations from the staff, etc. The room itself was nice, but I didn't feel very welcomed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the temple. Even if you aren't LDS, it is a beautiful view. Or overl...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I just returned from a 3 night stay at this hotel. My room had a bad smell. I asked them twice to deodorize it. If they did, I couldn't tell. There was water damage on the bathroom ceiling. I wasn't impressed. For $300.00 a night, I would expect a much nicer room.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank vicmom710
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Let me start off by saying that my trip to the Marriott downtown was business related. We were there for a trade show at the convention center across the way. Needless to say the hotel and all of the surrounding ones were very busy that weekend. That said, we had requested two queen beds since myself and my dads were going to be staying together in the one room. When we arrived the front desk let us know that there were no double bed rooms available and the only other option would be a roll away bed :/ Our room was on the concierge level which was nice because of the lounge they offer to that floor only. The room was clean and had a nice large bed, balcony, and great view of Salt Lake City. Noticed shortly after we got to our room that there was a problem with the toilet. I called down to the front desk and notified them that there was an issue and when we returned later that evening it was fixed (so props to the staff). Other than those couple of issues our stay was just fine. Good location. Has a nice little restaurant in the lobby level and its right next door to one of the nicest upscale malls that I have ever been in. Would stay again but only if two beds were available.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Nice hotel and very convenient to the public transportation to the airport. I was checked in by very friendly staff and the room was nice and clean. I would recommend this to anyone. I didn't eat any meals at the hotel, but they were close to a bunch of restaurants.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank farbster
Reviewed March 30, 2014

We stayed here for a convention at the Salt Palace and the location could not be better. The hotel is directly across the street from the convention center and adjacent to the City Creek area with lots of shops and restaurants. Temple Square is also just up the street. Since it can be difficult to get a cab in SLC, this location is ideal if you want to be able to walk to the central downtown restaurants and offices. The hotel itself is a typical Marriott - serviceable but not luxurious. There are no upscale amenities such as bathrobes, but the rooms are good sized and clean. There is a Starbucks in the lobby which is convenient for breakfast, though very crowded. They do provide urns of flavored water in the lobby which was nice on the 100+ degree days. The staff was friendly but not overly gracious. There is a convenient snack store and business center in the lobby also.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business