“Comfy and convenient for convention”

Salt Lake Marriott Downtown at City Creek
Ranked #28 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Located directly across from the convention center, but surprisingly quiet! Check in was easy and fast. I was in a corner 'executive suite', which wasn't really that much better than other Marriott rooms. The bed was comfortable and water pressure & temp were fine. Biggest complaint was a noisy AC unit in the room that cycled quite a bit. Coffee maker hidden in table under TV but Starbucks in the lobby!

2  Thank EfficientTraveler
There are newer reviews for Salt Lake Marriott Downtown at City Creek

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Enjoyed the Marriott facilities with a most friendly staff. Location within walking distiance of the Morom Temple Square - attending the Sunday morning perforamce of the Morom Tabernacle Choir. Walking distance also to intercity shopping mall. Variety of resturants within walking distance. Lots of interesting visitor attaractions. Beautiful setting of Mountains surronding the metropolitan Salt Lake City. Great resort facilities near by and easy access to the airport.

Room Tip: Higher floors have excellent views of the the city and mountains.
1  Thank George O
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is the second year I have stayed at this hotel for the same yearly conference, which was across the street at the Salt Palace. The double queen room was nice, the bed extremely comfortable, and the service superb. The only reason I did not give this Marriot an "Excellent" rating was that I had a view of the top of the building next door, as opposed to the beautiful mountain view I had last year. I would highly recommend this hotel, but ask for the mountain view!

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view!
1  Thank Chris W
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I stayed at the Salt Lake Marriott Downtown at City Creek for a long weekend conference. I was glad I flew in to enjoy the city before the conference started. Staff was very friendly. Was great having a Starbucks right in the hotel. The salt water pool was refreshing (though a bit dirty). Loved how how the roof over the pool opened. My room was clean and perfect to get work done in. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor with a mountain view! Beautiful!
1  Thank Dialady
Reviewed June 11, 2013

This is one of the better Marriott's I have stayed at. The concierge lounge food was not as good, but I just go for the free soda/water. The gym/pool set-up is excellent.

Great service - free water when I checked in late and the concierge lounge was closed. I don't like paying for parking, but it is a premium at the location so close to the church/downtown. Did have free wifi.

One item that did set me off was getting stabbed in the foot by a toothpick in my room. I did not report it, but I would expect better cleaning. Housekeeping did not get a tip.

1  Thank bstrvl55711
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We arrived from Anchorage on a night flight, and were allowed to check in at 10 am, which was fabulous. Not many hotels let you in so early.

The rooms were spacious and clean. Although a little on the older style. The hotel on Memorial weekend was very quiet. We arrived on the Sunday Morning.

We only used the hotel as an overnight stay, to head to Yellowstone the next morning.

We ate at the restaurant, which was very good. Good Italian food, and good wind selection.

Our stay was brief, but comfortable and friendly staff as well.

Room Tip: We stayed in a standard room, which two double beds. Ample in size. There is no view from this hot...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank amg181
Reviewed June 6, 2013

This Marriott holds up to the standard for any full-service Marriott. It's an older property, but is renovated with all of the modern creature comforts. I stayed here two nights (on my second at the moment) and would definitely stay here the next time I am here.

The reception by the Valets and the front desk staff was warm, professional, and consistent throughout my stay. This property has plenty of selection for food, with a full service restaurant, lounge, and Starbucks on site. Room service is available, and the prices are decent.

BUT. Yes, But. The concierge lounge left so much to be desired. I'm thoroughly disappointed with my experience in the lounge. Never once during ANY of my visits was I acknowledged by anyone working there. It's ridiculous that a service and feature offered to faithful customers is treated with such ill regard. The first night's dessert service was good- the food has always been good during my stay. The tables were grimey and appeared to not have been cleaned in some time. Maybe even since breakfast. Then tonight, I was one of three people in there and neither of the two ladies working there could be bothered to even greet me. (Manager: this was the night of 6-6-13). The two were gabbing for a solid 30 minutes about which bars close at 2:00am, about one ladies boyfriends house lease he and her just signed, etc. By the time the desserts came out, it was 30 minutes past the time posted in the hotel guide. Unacceptable. I know it sounds snooty, but really- if there's a benefit available, you expect it to be what it is, not some half-hearted effort.

Allow me to end on a positive note: The bedding ROCKS here. The beds are super soft but still supportive, and the pillows are down right perfect. Bravo to who selected the bedding- I can give them a list of other Marriotts they should be sharing their secrets with.

1  Thank Charles C