“Very nice”

Salt Lake Marriott Downtown at City Creek
Ranked #29 of 77 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed here because of the location. It is right in the middle downtown so you can walk to anything. The view from my room was beautiful, 10th floor, the higher the floor the better the view. The room was comfortable clean and quiet. The only downfall is that the parking is pretty expensive, $12 a night.

Room Tip: The east side rooms give you an awesome view of the mountains.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed November 2, 2012

The Marriott staff were friendly and very helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. I found the breakfast buffet had a little of everything, including a delicious assortment of fruit. If I find myself in Salt Lake City again, this will definitely be on my list of places to say! It's situated close to some great shopping!

Reviewed November 1, 2012

My fiance and I were traveling through on our way to Oregon and spent one of our nights here. The hotel staff was very friendly and the suite we had was amazing. Very comfortable bed, nice bathroom, great service. Overall it is in a great location in Downtown Salt Lake, minutes to everything and fantastic restaurants.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I was here for business. Although I am sure our travel planner gave them my rewards number, it was not on the reservation -- and that is common with Marriot -- they seem to 'forget' to put the rewards number on the reservations more than any other chain.

So although I had requested a king room, I ended up with doubles............again, with Marriot, this seems to be typical.

I was in too much of a rush to change rooms, so I just stayed, the beds are comfortable. Nice amenities. Charging for wi-fi, again, typical, $13 a day seems a bit steep when you are paying over $200 a night for a room. And parking is $12/day.

Service is spotty - some staff are very knowledgeable and very 'with it'. Others are just stupid. I could not believe the variations in staff and their knowledge. Example, when I called the concierge to ask about a drug store being open, he claimed that there wasnt one for "at least 5 or 6 blocks". I found that hard to believe so I physically went down to the front desk and asked one of the girls. Turns out there is a Rite Aid literally right around the corner.

One front desk clerk insisted I should just pay for the parking upon exiting the hotel. I knew that was wrong but she was insistent. So when I left the hotel, the garage attendant asked where my exit ticket was? I advised him of what the clerk said, he said "no, they were supposed to add that to your bill" -- no kidding. Another ploy to not give Marriott points I suppose, or just sheer stupidity on the part of the front desk clerk. You choose.

The hotel is located in a nice area of town, close to lots of shops and restaurants.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

This was our sixth stay on our road trip to Vegas. Check-in was a breeze and our room was very comfortable BUT our view was horrible. It was a roof and walls. If we were staying more than one night, I definitely would've asked to be moved. We paid for our breakfast when we booked through hotels.com. We were shown to the buffet in the morning when we got to the restaurant. The food was fresh. The hotel is in a very good location. Within walking distance to temple square and to dinner options (we ate at Benihana's for dinner - it was a good experience). I wish we would've had more time to spend here.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2012

This hotel is everything a comfortable stay should be. Clean, nice bathroom great hot shower,nice size room.location location!!! If your a shopper like me the mall is right next door. I was here on business so did not see the surrounding area. But your right downtown. I had a hard time getting the temperature in the room up, pushing the control with my finger did not work, but the hotel pin is small enough to push up the temp. Other than that, i was very happy with this hotel and would recommend it to all my trip advisor friends.

Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights recently and would stay again.

It's a typical Marriott in that they all have the same big clean rooms and professional staff. The Starbucks has a nice lounge area and the bar has a good selection and a full dining menu.

I stayed in a corner room which had nice views of the snow covered mountains, but had terrible wifi signal. This was the only negative of my stay, as I would constantly lose signal even in the lobby.

Considering that the rates here are equivalent to the Marriotts in Hawaii (~$300/night) I do expect the wifi to work.

Enjoyed dinner at Cafe Molise just around the corner.

Stayed: October 2012