“Great Doubletree Experience at Salt lake city, UT”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Salt Lake City Airport
Ranked #27 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Bangalore, India
“Great Doubletree Experience at Salt lake city, UT”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I had a great experience staying at this hotel. very pictursque location and a rooom facing the lake and the snow capped mountains. The Service by the hotel staff was exemplary and made me feel at home...Would recommend to all my friends who visit Salt lake city to stay here..

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

James C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Nagaraj V,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. The team is thrilled to know that you had a wonderful stay and enjoyed their great service.

We wish you safe travels.

James Courtney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Marbleton, Wyoming
Reviewed March 7, 2014

The staff was very friendly but it sure would have been nice if they actually enunciated when they spoke. It was like they spoke inbred Ebonics! The maintenance staff was very friendly too. I found this out after my TV went on the fritz and wouldn't connect to the main system. I was there for training for work and being where they were was a bit of a hindrance. Nothing was close! I didn't have a car nor a couple hundred dollars for cab fair. Just keep that in mind. If you find yourself here due to a lay over, it's close to the airport and has a free shuttle. If you're going for vacation, I'd suggest something closer to town and the attractions and restaurants there. There's also no breakfast unless you go to the in house restaurant and pay $15.00 a plate. For $120/night you'd think they could at least have bagels or something.

Room Tip: Bottom floor on the South side have sliding doors. The "Tower" is as far from any amenity...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
James C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Dear Ryan W.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and found our team to be friendly. We are the oly hotel in the area to offer a full service restaurant and bar. We are adding a a coffee shop serving starbucks specialty coffees etc.

Until your next visit, safe travels.

Pocatello, United States
Reviewed March 7, 2014

With a few corrections this hotel could be an outstanding place to stay. I voiced my concerns with two managers and they were very attentive to my comments. With some changes the the breakfast buffet should be one of the best.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Dear Palmer P,

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Doubletree SLC Airport. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience.

Torrance, United States
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I made a reservation from the website with the advanced payment. My card was charged upon the reservation by hilton. When I checked out, I was charged again for the room by doubletree this time. So I was charged twice. I called the hotel and was transferred to the person who takes care of billing. I left a message twice as nobody picked up, and nobody calls me back. I hope it will be taken care of promptly. Other than that, the hotel was nice. The front desk staff was nice and the room was clean. It is close to the airport and has a restaurant.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Azusa M.
Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel, I am glad you enjoyed your stay. It is great that you acknowledged our friendly staff they are thrilled to know that they had a positive impact on your stay.

Fairfield, Connecticut
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Overall, I enjoyed my stay there. Very nice contemporary lobby with a quality minded staff that is smiling and helpful. The airport shuttle is convenient and keeps to the outbound (from hotel) schedule.

Location is a typical airport property in that you stay to be nearby when you have an early flight -- for example -- not to have 100 restaurants outside your door, or close proximity to shops or resort activities.

The lobby is new as is the facade, but the rooms and hallways need a facelift. Observed odd maintenance related items outside the tower area elevator vestibule late at night which needed lots of paint. Food in bar was average; poor cuisine selection for dairy-free or vegan diets, though staff did try to help.

They have Precor ellipticals and cardio equipment in the fitness center, which are the best on the market; always make my knees happy. Note to hotel: Thank you for offering them, a nice bonus.

When the hotel addresses the dated room/bathroom accoutrements, carpeting, updates the menu, and fixes more than hallway paint, this property will be an SLC airport juggernaut.

Room Tip: The 'tower' rooms sound nice, are quiet, but in actuality are just a long walk from the main...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear FairTaxBill,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay.

Salt Lake City, United States
Reviewed March 4, 2014

It was the noisiest hotel room I have ever slept in! You could hear every conversation in the hall, and we wondered if they could hear us! The doors to the rooms closed very loudly, and light leaked all around our door when the light was off. It seemed like there was some insulation missing around it. Also, we were charged on our card when we had a free coupon for the stay. We won't be back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Laura Z.
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. Please contact us regarding your your charges, my guess is that it may have been a typical hold placed on your card which automatically is reversed by your bank when no charge is applied against it however without your specific information I cannot confirm.

YORBA LINDA, CA, United States
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I truely find this hotel a place to be. It's in a great location nearby SLC airport and hotel sorrounding has a great walk-way if you wanted to relax and do a mile walk. Reception team are very friendly and caring. Also, pleased with their working staff as they keep my room clean and well organized. I would highly recommend this hotel as a place to stay. Thank you mucho...Gil

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

James C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear Gil M,

The team is thrilled that you enjoy our Doubletree Salt Lake City Airport. We aim to take care of each and every guest and are glad that we can count you as one of our satisfied customers.