DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Salt Lake City Airport
Ranked #26 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel after missing a flight at the airport. Mechanical delay. So the airline set me up here. First of all, free shuttle picks you up at door 10. Runs every 30 minutes, so you wait/fight for a spot with 20 of your friends. I took a taxi instead. Hotel was clean, very nice. No free breakfast unfortunately. Reasonable price, nice hotel. Id rate it a meh.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
James C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Dear Chamelle 13,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our Doubletree SLC Airport. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope we can welcome you again in the future but not due to a cancelled flight.

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Salt Lake City Airport

Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

The man who checked us in was very unfriendly - seemed annoyed to be bothered with us. This was odd, since it was not at all busy. After we dropped our stuff in the room, we passed the front desk on our way out. I decided to ask what the cookie sign was about. Apparently, they give them out at check in. To some people, anyway. We were not offered a cookie at check in. It wasn't until we asked about the cookies fifteen minutes later that we were given any. In addition, my friend called ahead a day in advance to make sure there was a pool and a hot tub so we could swim. We got there and the hot tub was broken. On top of that, we ordered drinks at the bar and wanted to add them to the room bill (a credit card number was left with the front desk). The bartender returned to announce that the charge was denied. It turned out that something was done incorrectly at check in. The bartender was nice and figured it out and fixed it, but it was still embarrassing to be told in the bar that the charge was denied. On top of all of this unimpressive service, I left a pair of shoes behind. I called back the next day and was told by housekeeping that they had the shoes but that I needed to call back and talk to the manager. I learned from that call that next call that they actually didn't have my shoes. Another call later revealed that they did have the shoes and they just needed a credit card number in order to pay for the mailing of the shoes. We gave that. About three weeks later, still no shoes. (To their credit, no charge, either.) Another call revealed that they sent the wrong shoes. We think this is a lie, since no random shoes ever showed up. We were then promised that the shoes would be sent out that day and they would pick up the tab. I finally did get the shoes, which made me happy, but overall it was a very bad experience. As for the room, it was freezing and took forever to warm up. The beds were small. The blankets were inadequate. There were not enough towels or robes. But, the hotel and the room were clean, which is always a plus. I've stayed at several other hotels in this area and have had great experiences. Had I been paying, we would have gone to one of them. But, at least now I know to avoid this particular hotel at all costs in the future. And to make sure my friends and relatives avoid it, too.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank JEC222

Dear JEC222,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. Although it is never pleasant to hear of shortcomings, I appreciate the opportunity to learn from them and improve.

I would love the opportunity to speak with you and please feel free to contact me.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

Great stay. Very up to date, smooth check-in, room was fantastic with nice TV, beds extremely comfortable. Pool and spa were perfect. Parking with ease and immediately adjacent to freeway. Lots of elbow room.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
James C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Dear Kevin W,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Doubletree Salt Lake City Airport Hotel, we were glad to see that you enjoyed our large spacious rooms and were able to take advantage of the pool and spa.

Please join us again for some warm hospitality and cookies on your next visit to Salt Lake City.

Safe travels,

Reviewed January 28, 2014

a very nice hotel, comrfotable, and quiet, we just needed a place to stay over so my wife could catch an early plane. The price was excellent except the hotel has a $50 nonrefundable pet fee, that we were unaware of.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

We are glad you enjoyed our convenient location and Doubletree Hospitality. Please join us again when next in the Salt Lake City area.

We will have some warm hospitality and warm cookies waiting for you.

Safe travels,

Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here a couple of years ago, got a first floor room that was very tired. Stayed last week in the tower and the room was lovely. Bathroom clean, enough towels for two women! Good value plus unlimited warm cookies . We bid on Priceline......

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
James C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2014

Dear Snowy 874,

Thanks for taking the time to review our Doubletree Salt Lake City Airport; the cookies are just too good to pass up aren't they.

We just finished our renovation and the hotel is in great shape.

Please visit again when next in SLC.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

I had to fly out of SLC around 6am one morning and didn't feel like making the drive from Heber. We opted to come the night before and stay at the DoubleTree. The price was a great value and saved my wife from driving me down the canyon at 4 in the morning. When we arrived we walked in to the Hilton nearby accidentally. They directed us a few hundred yards to the other hotel and we were a little disappointed at first. The facade was more worn and had seen quite a few more years. I had initially meant to book the Hilton Garden Inn and so when I told my wife I accidentally booked the DoubleTree by Hilton I got the "you're a little slow" look. After walking in to the DoubleTree we realized they had just undergone major renovations and the hotel looked brand new. There was still a little bit of construction remnants left but our room was essentially brand new. Extremely comfortable stay and we will use this hotel every time. Lastly, a shout-out to the shuttle driver who picked me up around 4am. She was on time and hilarious at 4am. She kept me awake and put me in a great mood for the day. Thanks!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear MontanaPilot,

We are glad you enjoyed our newly renovated Doubletree Salt Lake City Airport and thanks for acknowledging our shuttle driver. It takes a special person to be "UP" at 4AM.

We look forward to serving you in the future.

Safe flying,

Reviewed January 24, 2014

Had to stay over due to a flight cancellation. So the room was free from United. No idea how much my room would have cost. Front desk wait times could have been better. Shuttle service was great. The guy even waited while I took too long to checkout. See above. :) Room had some faint humming noise coming from something that I couldn't find.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

Dear Aaron T.

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your stay, we are glad you enjoyed it. Here's hoping United got you home safe and sound.

On your next visit to SLC please make our Doubletree Salt Lake City Airport you home away from home.

Yours in hospitality,