“Friendly place to be for strangers”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Salt Lake City Airport
Ranked #26 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
salt lake city, United States
“Friendly place to be for strangers”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

The staff at this hotel was very friendly ,helpful and above average in that they went out or their way to be sure all our need s or requests were fulfilled .I highly reccomend this hotel for all travelers

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

James C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Dear Richard Z,

All our team members and I are so glad that you had a great experience at our hotel. We just renovated the hotel and became the newest DoubleTree in the Salt Lake City area. We are working very hard to earn our guests trust and take care of their every need; your comments are truly appreciated.

Best wishes for a great 2014,

James Courtney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Germany
Reviewed December 12, 2013

For the price that was paid, there are other hotels nearby that give you more for your buck. There are no refrigerators in the rooms and the food at the hotel is overpriced (typical for a hotel). It was decent enough, but again, not for what they charge. No complimentary breakfast. Also, I could hear the person above me walking around and there was an annoying an loud click every so often (as though someone was unlocking my door) that kept making me jump. Find a different hotel that will give you more for the similar prices!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear mjm341,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations but let me assure you that we take your feedback seriously and are addressing the concerns you shared.

I appreciate your comments as they help us to improve.

Thanks again and best wishes for a great 2014.

Oakton, Virginia
Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

Pros:
- Very large hotel with large rooms
- Good location near airport
- Tasty buffet breakfast
- Excellent staff

Cons:
- My room's heat wasn't working
(but the very helpful staff took care of me, and all is forgiven!)

For the price, this is a very nice place to stay, and the staff makes sure you are well taken care of!

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear BJKNoVA,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our newly renovated DoubleTree at the Salt Lake City Airport. I am sorry that you had some heating issues but glad that our team were able to rectify the situation.

We are proud of our service and work hard to ensure that we take care of our guests.

Best wishes for a great 2014.

Camarillo, United States
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Quiet rooms and value for money. The location was great and it is close to downtown and Saltair. Very friendly staff at the restaurant. Check in process was easy. The hotel has swimming pool, fitness center and a bar. The property overlooks a lake. Easy on and off ramp onto I80 from the hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Dear Venugopal S,

I was glad to learn that you enjoyed our restaurant, fully equipped fitness center and the bar here at the DoubleTree by Salt Lake City Airport. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

The team is always thrilled to hear positive feedback as they work hard to take care of our guests.

Best wishes for a great 2014.

Medicine Lake, United States
Reviewed December 4, 2013

This hotel was wonderful, the room was clean, the staff was exceptional, but the hot tub burned the hair off of several of the men in our group, not from the heat but from the chemicals. No blisters but now they have patchy hair on their legs and no hair on their feet. If you want a clean shave women- stay here!!!!

Dear Catherine E,

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel and I am glad that your overall experience was positive. We check the chemicals in both the pool and spa twice per day and have been even more diligent since reading your comments; we have not found any problems however a small part of me had hoped for a 'hair removal discovery'.

No sideline business in my future. I appreciate your feedback and thanks again for taking the time.

Best wishes for 2014,

Pueblo, United States
Reviewed November 27, 2013

My room was consistently 85degrees and when I asked them to fix it they sent thier maintenance person to open my window!!!!!! The bar staff was very friendly on a positive note. If I hear the phrase two pipe system again I'm going to lose it.

Dear Eric S,

I am sorry that you experienced a heating issue during your visit. Clearly you received lots of excuses and the resolution was weak.

Thank you for sharing; we have improved how the building heat system is balanced and we will not experience such extremes in the future.

I appreciate you helping us improve.

Best wishes for a great 2014,

Indianapolis, United States
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I stay at Hilton properties because they are usually above par. This hotel was changing from a Hilton to a Doubletree, and as a result, things were a mess. Problems with billing, problems with heating, and there is NOTHING nearby (except for a gas station). For a business traveler, it had the bare minimum of what I needed. If I was to travel out there on my own, I doubt I would stay in such an isolated area.

Dear William Y,

I am sorry that you were affected by our transition to DoubleTree, some of the back of scene changes were not as smooth as promised and i apologize that this impacted you.

Thankfully that is behind us and we are moving forward as the newly renovated DoubleTree; we are the only full service hotel in the area and so convenient to the Salt Lake City Airport.

Thank you again for sharing your experience.

Best wishes for a successful 2014.