“First Class Service”

Ranked #14 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Phoenix, United States
“First Class Service”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The 2014 SME show brought in guests and exhibitors from all over the world. The Hilton staff was very professional and accommodating during a time of extreme in-flow of guest traffic. My week long stay was very pleasant. The room was clean and tidy every day. A great overall customer experience. This is my home away from home.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Jason P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Turkish first
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is perfectly located in downtown Salt Lake City and walking distance to many restaurants, shops, bars, the stadium and exhibition center.
The hotel itself is in great condition with many facilities for an enjoyable stay.
Hotel staff were accommodating and friendly.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank James B
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 1, 2014

this hotel is in center of Salt lake city.
very convenient to go anywhere and stuff are friendly.

as we checked in, we were disappointed we did not get room upgrade ( first time ever in hilton group we did not get upgrade) and room was very average hilton.

they offer valet service for fee. they also have good restaurant on site.

walking distance to a lot of good restaurant if you do not wish to dine at the hotel.

there is starbucks on site if you like starbucks.

breakfast- if you are honors gold or above you can get continental breakfast or add $8 to get full breakfast buffet. buffet was o.k.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

We travel to SLC often to visit family and needed a break from the fold out couches so we booked a room for the weekend. The hotel is beautiful and the rooms are clean and well appointed with comfy beds and top notch toiletries. There was a screw up with my reservation which irritated me but the front desk handled it fine by honoring the rate I had booked and offering us free breakfast. When I complained officially on line they refunded half of the cost of one night which I appreciated. The bell staff were the best as was the bartender in the restaurant. Parking is convenient but costs $15.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BethAnnSH123
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

I was in town for business and only stayed one night. The location is good and there are lots of restaurants to walk to in the area. Rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable. There is an in room coffee maker which is always convenient. They have Starbucks downstairs but not a full food menu.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank kiminyl
Spanish Fork, Utah
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We stayed at the Hilton a few weekends ago. I've been waiting to write this to see if I heard back from them, as I was told by the front desk that I would. I have not. So here we go...

This was actually our second stay at the Hilton during the last 12 months. I won't go back again. We were in room 710. It was so hot in there, I felt like I was going to pass out! Granted this was during a "warm weekend" in February, so maybe the heat was too much? I don't know. When we got to the room we tried to deal with the abnormally hot room. We thought maybe that the room needed to air, so we propped the door open. We messed with the thermostat to get the temp lowered. Finally, we called the front desk. They said they would send someone up, but no one ever came. We had a schedule that weekend and had to leave. I hoped when we returned the issue would be resolved. It wasn't. By that point it was close to midnight. So we slept in the minimum and only under sheets. The next day I called the front desk again. No one showed up. We had to leave to our conference and couldn't wait around. When we got back to change for dinner - still HOT. When we returned alter that night, still hot. Had we been required to be in the room for long periods of time I would have been really upset. Luckily it was ok to sleep in, as long as we only had a sheet and slept naked! We never saw anyone or heard from anyone about the heat issue.

On Sunday when we were getting ready to leave, my husband dropped something on the floor, which rolled behind the toilet. As he was getting it, he noticed something on the bottom side of the toilet. I came to check and realized what we were seeing was MOLD. Upon closer inspection, we found it throughout the bathroom. We wiped some of the grout on the bath/shower tile, and it came back black. I went to the front desk and told them. They said someone would come up. They didn't. We went back and gathered our stuff to check out. At check out, I told them AGAIN. They told me that they would notify the manger and have them call me... And here we are, no call.

I can't even count how many times I was told someone would contact me about whatever problem. No one did. No one ever followed up. No one. I've traveled a bunch around the country. This is there worst I've encountered.

I would give this hotel 0 stars, BUT the beds are comfortable. I have no idea what happened from the last time we stayed there. But we won't stay there again. We could have handled the heat. We slept just fine and we were not in the room that much. But the lack of any response from anyone makes me think they could care less about the issues their guests are having. I'll choose some where different next time.

Room Tip: Don't chose 710 unless you want heat and mold.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Stacey H
JKProtzman, General Manager at Hilton Salt Lake City Center, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear dassus,
Thank you for your comments and feedback. I sincerely apologize to you for the uncomfortably hot room and the mold in the bathroom. There are zero excuses for having any room in this condition. .The first sign of mold in the shower area should have initiated that we take the room out of service, throughly inspect all areas in the room, remove it, deep clean all areas after the removal, and ensure it is up to standard before releasing it for guest use. We did not follow our protocol. I will ensure we thoroughly inspect all guest rooms to identify any other issues. This is unacceptable and not indicative of the housekeeping quality our hotel is known for as identified in previous Trip Advosr reviews. I will also ensure we repair the HVAC in room 710. I am also very concerned that these issues were not escalated to the appropriate team members to address the problem, and to our management team so we could work to regain your trust in our product. I would like to discuss this matter with you in person. Please contact me at Jeff.Protzman@hilton.com

Jeff Protzman
Indianapolis, United States
Reviewed February 23, 2014

The Hilton is convenient to the Salt Palace and City Creek Center. Temple Square is an easy walk. Parking is easy/quick and extremely convenient to the elevators. Staff is first class, facilities are clean, rooms are quiet and with full climate control. I plan on staying in this hotel on my next visit to Salt Lake City.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business