I stayed over a weekend for a convention recently so the room rates were good even with the extra $15 tax and fees. We choose to self park in their basement garage and it was easy to find empty stalls. Check in was a breeze, the staff was friendly and efficient. We got room 1417 which was clean with a decent view of the city although we kept our sheer curtain closed because we could see into the other portion of the hotel. There are plenty of lamps, four in all plus the hall light. A clock-radio with alarm which we did not use since I generally use my smartphone for wake up. There's plenty of space in the drawers as well as closet. There is a safe, an iron and board which worked nicely and the refrigerator kept our drinks & snacks cold.
The shower was nice with good water pressure and they supply Peter Roth Thomas toiletries which it turned out that I did not care for. I usually use bath gels from Bath & Body or Philosophy which I find more moisturizing so the PRT soaps made me feel dry and the lotion was on the liquidy side.
The only real complaint I would have is that while the trash cans are very stylish they are impractical because of it's kayak-like shape, making the widest opening in the middle about 4". You pretty much have to place trash in the can instead of tossing it, lol! I do like that they have a recycle bin in room since we do drink tons of water.
There's a steak restaurant downstairs but it's on the pricy side so we did not eat there, instead choosing Starbucks for soup, salad and sandwiches for lunch. One day we sat in the lobby eating our lunch and the front desk staff were pretty nice about it. That said, there are many eateries within walking distance.
Overall, it's in a great location, it's clean and we had a comfortable stay. I'd stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern hotel with spacious rooms and an indoor pool and fitness center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Hotwire, Odigeo, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Hilton Salt Lake City Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Salt Lake City Hotel Salt Lake City
- Hilton Hotel Salt Lake City
- Salt Lake City Hilton
- Hilton Salt Lake City Center Utah