“Centrally located, nice hotel, friendly staff”

Hilton Salt Lake City Center
Ranked #14 of 76 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We, too, stayed the last night of our Caravan tour. The rooms were very nice, but think wi-fi should be complimentary in ALL rooms, especially since "lower end" hotels offered free wi-fi. The farewell dinner was awesome but was totally disappointed that the staff tried to insist that after purchasing a drink in the bar ($10.00 a drink and that was nothing fancy...simple rum and coke), they were not going to allow us to take our drinks to the dinner. There was a mini revolt and they agreed to walk them "the back way" to the dining area.
The breakfast buffet was ample, typical buffet fare, but everything was very good.
The hotel is an easy walk to City Center and Temple Square and about a 25 min walk to the Capitol Building, which offered a free, very nice, tour of the building.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,521)

Reviewed September 7, 2012

We stayed here only 1 night through our trip with Caravan Tours going from Mt. Rushmore/Yellowstone/Grand Tetons and ending in Salt Lake City. This was a very nice and clean hotel with very friendly staff. We had a great view of the city and the mountains in the background. The beds were VERY comfortable and the room was a nice size. It was a little disappointing they didn’t offer free Wi-Fi in the rooms, but they did have about 6 computers or so in the lobby which offered free internet and a printer if you needed to print your boarding passes, so that was a plus.

Breakfast buffet was really good, they even had a cook making, made to order eggs/omelets. There were plenty of options to choose from like bacon, sausages, oatmeal, yogurts, muffins fruit, etc. Our tour had a Farewell Dinner at the hotel and it was very good!

We really didn’t get to spend too much time in Salt Lake City so I don’t know what is nearby walking distance besides Temple Square, which by the way was very interesting. But if you do have a car, Park City is a great place to visit. It is about 25-30 miles away. Olympic Park is there and if you just want to walk around it is free. There are several activities you can do at a cost, but I would look at the website to see if this is of interest. There are a few other things to do in Park City, which I think would be enjoyable.

Hilton Salt Lake City Center is a great place to stay and I would definitely recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank elsplace
Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

I'll be back! The shuttle from the hotel arrived 8 minutes after I phoned the hotel asking for it. It was a swanky emmaculate black Suburban with leather seats. I was the only passenger. I felt like the Governor.

I arrived early at the hotel, still morning, but they checked me in anyway. The rooms are beautiful. I had an excellent view of downtown. The bed was perfect. Plenty of pillows with various levels of firmness so I could dial in my preference. The halls were quiet and clean. There is a high attention to detail at this hotel.

On business travel, I had an opportunity to use the meeting rooms and eat lunch catered by the hotel. These were perfect. The staff quietly checked on us throughout the day to make sure we were comfortable and to see how they could help. They helped us pull off a flawless meeting.

After hours our group met in the pub adjacent to the lobby. Again, the staff are top notch. They made us feel at home and it was nice to know that we didn't have to go anywhere to have some good after-hours drinks with friendly conversation.

My friends and I took a short walk to watch the Mormon Tabernacle Choir practice. That was nice, although I am not a big fan of choirs or tabernacles. If you are in town, though, you ought to see it. The Temple grounds are spectacular.

There are many excellent places to eat near the hotel. The hotel itself has a steak house, but there are many options nearby within walking distance. I am eating lunch now at Siegfried's Deli and it is not only reasonably priced, the food is outstanding.

I know that if I don't say anything negative, you are likely to disregard this review, so I will be honest and let you know that not everything is perfect. The pub in the hotel is more expensive than the other pubs on the block. The tap beer and many of the bottled beers are watered down versions with only 3.2% alcohol. This seems to be consistent from place to place in Salt Lake City. There are a few bums on the streets holding signs, asking for money. But, they are polite. None were imposing. And, I never felt that I was in danger anywhere near the hotel. One last thing that could use improvement was that the Hilton did not automatically provide me with free WiFi Internet. I believe that this should be as readily available, without hassle, at all hotels. Nevertheless, this Hilton has a complimentary business center with several work stations, including one with a big, fancy desk. This business center has free Internet, a free office-sized copy machine with full features, a paper shredder, and everything you need to complete a project at the last minute. I actually had an impromptu meeting with my co-worker in there (at the big desk) and we were able to work on a project using the Cloud and it saved us valuable time.

In short--I know; too late--the Hilton City Center in Salt Lake City is fantastic. If you are anything like me, you'll love this place.

• Stayed: September 2012
4  Thank Luggnutt
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stayed here as we started a trip of the Wild West. What a treat. Yummy breakfast buffet. Staff was wonderful. Parts of hotel under construction and we had to move rooms -- staff was very accommodating and respectful.

Room Tip: High Floor!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank travelingenmasse
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We held a week long meeting at the Hilton in their theater room and it was the perfect venue for presentations and training. The sleeping rooms were large and very clean with all the latest amenities. We also had catering throughout the week and the food and service was great. The AV personnel were very help and we had no problems the entire week. Great friendly and professional staff. We'll be back!

Room Tip: The theater room is the best for meetings!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We stayed here for one night on August 14th as part of a tour.
This Hilton was everything you expect from a Hilton. The location is good around 2 blocks (10 mins walk) to main centre and new shopping mall.
The rooms were of a good size and very clean, a great 32" flat screen tv, 2 very comfortable queen sized beds, tea coffee making and a good a/c.
We only ate breakfast here but again it was very good with plenty of choice. It also has a swimming pool and free wifi in lobby area and swimming pool area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Johnboy99
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Always like Hilton and this property is no exception to my list. Stayed on the 9th floor. Room was large and comfortable. Bathroom was big and clean. Never like Wifi fees so can't give this hotel too high of a mark. Elevators were fast and the wake up system worked well. Sleep factor for noise was excellent and front counter staff were friendly, nice and got us a car service for the airport in the morning. Breakfast was excellent with numerous options. Overall, it is clear that management has done a very good job training staff and the employees seemed to enjoy their job. Easy to walk to Temple Square for tourist stuff and many restaurant options in the area. If I come back to SLC-downtown...I would stay here again and recommend you do the same.

Room Tip: 9th floor..nice view and quick elevators.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family