OK, a hotel stay in the town I grew up in (SLC, I left years ago and I remember when this hotel was a Sheraton) and had one night with my spouse away from our kids. With only a one night stay, can't say I know everything about the hotel. I can't mark 4.5 stars on my review, so I gave the Hilton the benefit of the doubt with 5 stars, but there are some issues listed below.
We got a good but somewhat hindered view on the top floor of the American Towers and the east mountains. The westward view form the executive lounge is also nice, but growing up in the east side of SLC I prefer the eastward view. Anyway, nice room, king bed that was comfortable. Bathrobes, other nice perks. Other pluses that the website doesn't advertise--parking is only 5 dollars on a weekend, breakfast buffet, normally 16 dollars (overpriced as are almost all large hotel buffets) was 6 dollars for gold Hhonors members which is OK (must say I feel should be free, but 6 is a far cry from 16), free internet (internet should be free at any hotel), and the workout room is much larger with better equipment than the website photo shows. Other positives are a nice, large pool (keep in mind, 18 story hotel, SLC has kids, the pool is usually crowded at night) and nice room. They also allowed for a very late checkout--2:30. That was very nice.
I had no issues with check in or check out, found the underground parking to be fine. The breakfast hours are until noon on weekends which is a very nice touch. The restaurant was not crowded when I was there. There is also a spa and many other things to do at a full service hotel, but in one day I don't bother trying everything.
There are some issues, however. The executive lounge is spacious and has a great view, but only had bottled water available. That is ridiculous--a large Hilton should have an executive lounge with food, breakfast in the morning and snacks in the late afternoon. Come on Hilton. I find it hard to believe that only one room on the top floor is available at 3:00 when my wife and I checked in, but that is what was claimed (yet not a busy night--it was a Friday night).
However, overall a pleasant surprise and I think $5.00 weekend parking (which is still too much, but much better than $13) should be on their website.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern hotel with spacious rooms and an indoor pool and fitness center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Agoda, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Salt Lake City Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Salt Lake City Hotel Salt Lake City
- Hilton Hotel Salt Lake City
- Salt Lake City Hilton
- Hilton Salt Lake City Center Utah