“Excellent Customer Service....Few Minor Problems with Hotel”

Radisson Salt Lake City Airport
Ranked #41 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Atlanta, Georgia
“Excellent Customer Service....Few Minor Problems with Hotel”
Reviewed March 2, 2006

I stayed at the Radisoon Salt Lake City Airport Hotel for a week in February, 2006. Overall the stay was fine, but we had a few problems with the hotel. I would still recommend this hotel to others because the customer service was so great and the problems didn't keep us from having a good time.

Room-They let us check in early which was very convenient since we had a morning flight into Salt Lake. Our room was very large for a standard room. It included two queen beds, small fridge, small couch, two oversize chairs and a desk. We discovered our toilet would not flush so we informed the front desk. They had already been notified by the maid who had just cleaned our room and within minutes they were in our room to fix it. The water pressure in our room was so bad you couldn't get the shampoo out of your hair. We spoke to the front desk about the problem requesting to move to a different room or get it fixed and within minutes the maintenance man was at our room with a new shower head without low flow. The fan in the bathroom sounded like it was going to die when you first turned it on, but it worked the entire time we were there. So a few minor problems with the room but they were quick to correct them and were very nice about it. The decor could have been updated, but the sleep number beds were great. I have never slept that good in a hotel.

Complimentary buffet breakfast-The first morning we slept in and got to the buffet 15 minutes before closing and there was not much left. The other days we arrived earlier and there was plenty of hot food. Pancakes, eggs, sausage, bagels, cereal, danishes, croissants, muffins, fruit, etc.

Amenities-The first night after skiing (Friday) we were looking forward to relaxing in the hot tub. We were informed by the maintenance man that the hot tub was broken and it would hopefully be fixed by Saturday or Monday at the latest. Monday came and no hot tub. We spoke with the front desk and they were very apologetic. We received a phone call from the front desk giving us complimentary lunch in the hotel restaurant to make up for the inconvenience. Then a customer service representative showed up at our door with a basket of snacks and drinks and a free movie. We really appreciated the gesture. The hot tub did not work until Wednesday (the day before we left) but we did get to enjoy it for one night.

Location-Great getting to and from the airport. They have the shuttle if you need it. Not far from most of the ski resorts and just a few minutes from downtown.

Customer Service-The best customer service I have ever received. Jennifer at the front desk went out of her way to make our stay as pleasant as possible. She always greeted us as we came and left the hotel and asked us how everything was and how are day was. To me, things are going to happen when you stay at a big hotel, but if the customer service is good and they take care of the problems it makes up for it.

3 Thank RedheadMustTravel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Colebrook, New Hampshire
Reviewed January 12, 2006

My wife and I stayed at the Radisson Salt Lake City Airport the day we arrived and the night before we departed Salt Lake. We were headed to the surrounding National Parks and wanted a place next to the airport and car rental agencies. The Radisson was a perfect spot. We used the hotels free airport shuttle upon arriving in Salt Lake; the following morning to return to the airport so that we could pick-up our rental car; upon return to the car rental agency after our vacation; and the following morning to catch our flight back east. All four times the shuttle travel went without a hitch. The shuttle arrives at the airport every half hour so there is usually not much of a wait. Our first night stay was in one of the small single level rooms. It was clean and very comfortable. Being near the airport we anticipated some noise. This was not the case however. When inside the building, no outside noises were apparent. We were never aware of the fact that we were just a short distance from the airport unless we ventured outside. Our second night stay was in one of the executive two level suites. It was a terrific room with a loft bedroom complete with television, ample storage and second telephone. The lower sitting room had an additional television and a comfortable sitting area. Also included was a bar area and cube refrigerator. The bathroom was clean, fully appointed and in great shape. In fact our entire room was in excellent condition. It is quite obvious when examining the building that Radisson has taken an older structure and modernized parts of it in the conversion process. Some old time quaintness remains. It was nice to see an older structure preserved and yet made comfortable for the modern day traveler.

The front desk staff was helpful and courteous. As a matter of fact all of the staff, driver included were helpful and courteous at all times. Included in the room rate is a complementary breakfast. Expecting the usual cold continental breakfast, we were both surprised at the hot and cold buffet that was offered that included eggs, meats, pancakes and the usual cold fare. The service was minimal, but it was a buffet style meal. Our first night at the hotel having just flown in, we opted for room service. The room service menu was quite large, larger than most. The food quality was excellent, better than most room service meals that we have experienced. Room service was also delivered in a reasonable amount of time. During our last nights stay at the hotel, we tried the main dining room, “The Club Room”. It was quite empty being mid-week. The menu and service were average, typical for the class of establishment.

I cannot speak to the use of the hotel for a long stay as we basically used the hotel as a jumping place to and from the airport. However, for this type of use, the facility is excellent. It is close to the airport, car rentals and major highways. I would judge it to be a good choice for the business user also. The room rates when combined with the shuttle and breakfast make for an excellent value. The room rate when compared to similar lodgings back east (50% more) was a treat! Next time I am traveling through Salt Lake I will use the Raddison Salt Lake City Airport.

• Stayed August 2005
5 Thank AlwaysReady2Travel
SLC, UT
Reviewed October 16, 2005

We stayed there 1 night before our vacation. The location is close to the airport which is nice for an early morning flight. They upgraded us to the executive level. So our room was very large with a bar area, living room area and then a loft bedroom area.

All the employees are very nice and very accomodating but the rooms are in need of an update. I stayed there about 5 years ago and the rooms haven't changed, it's old.

The carpets are dark green and the furniture is dark with dark woods - it reminded me of late 80's. The wall paper was ripped and had light stains. The room had a dark dingy feel, but it was clean.

I was looking forward to trying the sleep number bed, but I don't think 1 night is long enough to figure out your sleep number. My husband slept well but I did not and woke with a sore back. Also, we like to have a fan on while we sleep. This is normally not a problem but the fan in that room squeeks which added to my sleepless night.

In the morning I took a shower but there was no hot water. It was luke warm and when I tried to turn it up, it was freezing cold.

Overall I'm disapointed and probably won't stay there again until they update the rooms.

• Stayed September 2005
4 Thank ajslc
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 23, 2005

I had booked the executive level because this was the only rooms left. Paid a bit more and boy did it show. My room was large and had a fireplace. It was beautfiul. I really like the Sleep number bed.

I did have a couple of issues... #1 my tv only worked on the cable channels. No local channels came in. I really like to watch the local news so this was kinda the pits. #2 The water pressure in my bathroom was horrible. I was wondering if I was going to get the soap off.

The free breakfast in the morning was nice and most of the time pretty warm.

Location to the airport is excellent.

• Stayed September 2005, traveled on business
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 26, 2005

This property does not live up to the Radisson name. I was excited about staying here as the Radisson reputation is very good and the sleep-number beds are a current craze.

Well, the decor is late '80s and there is a serious need for this property to be rejuvenated!. The bathrooms are tiny (really only a toilet and shower), with the sink outside. A benefit for some but not usually associated with better hotels. My showerhead was at least 10 years old and bought on the cheap.

Debris was everywhere in the hallway and room carpets. The furniture was low market, at best (my desk chair was a broken), and the TV hutch did not allow the TV to slide out or even swivle.

The bed, IMHO, is overrated. It is, essentially, an air mattress. Not a negative for the hotel, or this review, but not a reason alone to choose this place. The novelty wore off after about 10 minutes.

The good news? Well, the wireless internet had a strong signal (it's also free). Breakfast (also free) was better than cold cereal but each table still had an at cost breakfast menu (not sure what the intent was with that). The front desk staff, on arrival, was cheerful and attentive. Check-out was not better than here's your bill. Not any inquiries to my stay or to have a nice day.

Perhaps I'm being to petty. This is, after all, highly subjective, but my recommendation would be to stay elsewhere. The overall experience just isn't worth the money.

• Stayed July 2005, traveled on business
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
New York
Reviewed July 26, 2005

I stayed at the Radisson, Salt Lake City Airport from July 22 through July 26 and found the hotel and its services outstanding. I am obsessed with cleanliness and found my room extremely clean, including the bathroom.

This hotel has the beds/mattresses that you can adjust for firmness, which is nice. However, it took me two nights of back pain to realize a firm mattress isn't necessarily the best for your back. Once I adjusted the setting to be less firm, I was fine.

I ordered room service one evening. The food arrived hot and on a nicely decorated serving tray.

The location of the hotel is right near the airport, which is good in some aspects, but I suggest you rent a car, because you are away from the actual city.

I would stay at this hotel again.

4 Thank nynan
Westminster, CO
Reviewed July 13, 2005

This hotel has a very attentive front desk and we got to stay in a beautiful room with a sleep-number bed (you gotta try that thing). It was well appointed and comfortable. Overall, the hotel has a very elegant look about it. It looks "upper crust", for lack of a better term.
I would have given it a 5 up until we had breakfast. Oh my god, it is hard to believe that people can be that filthy when they eat, but when the breakfast room hasn't had any tables cleaned, you will see it. And it is really hard to have an appetite after that.
Another thing is that while the breakfast did offer things like eggs and sausage patties, you couldn't get your own drinks OR silverware. You have to ask the "attendants" for those things. And NO, they won't ask you. They basically waited in a corner of the room, and you are left to figure out that they hold the keys to completing your breakfast. Though once approached, they were cordial, however, I was never offered a drink refill and I still can't believe a staff can sit there and see all that mess and not lift a finger.
It amazes me that a hotel with this nice of an appearance and decor could drop such a bomb with their dining area and breakfast service. It left my girlfriend and I both a little in disbelief.

• Stayed July 2005