“My Amazing Stay”

Ranked #48 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
charleston, sc
“My Amazing Stay”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I do not have enough good things to say about the Radisson hotels here in Salt Lake City. Rene at the front desk of the Radisson airport started me off on the right foot. After a whole day of travel I still had not made it to my final destination and I was feeling stranded. When I got to the hotel he was a friendly face and he helped to get me a great rate, a late check out, and shuttles at no extra cost. The other young man at the front desk was also extremely helpful, nice, and just a pleasant person. They shuttled me to the airport where there is a free shuttle to downtown, so on my 24 hour lay over I got to explore the city. The Radisson downtown was also accommodating as they brought me back to the airport radisson on their shuttle on the way to the airport. Bottom line is I have been overly impressed with the courtesy of the staff at both of these locations and The Radisson has become a go to for my future hotel needs.
Also, the rooms have sleep number bed, perfect pillows, flat screen TVs, the shower is wonderful- no poor water pressure here- they even provide a loofa and body wash rather than bar soap and a wash cloth; I know you hear me, ladies. :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Temecula, California
Reviewed April 10, 2013

If you are doing quick business in Salt Lake City then the Radisson is a clever choice. The staff was always cheerful, helpful, friendly and professional. If you are flying in a quick free shuttle ride gets you there quick! Choose a north facing room on 3rd floor and you'll have a quieter experience. The only other thing they need is a microwave in every room and massage staff ready to meet the needs of the weary traveler. Jesse at the front desk was great and everyone was top of the line! Will stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
DavidLythgoe, General Manager at Radisson Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
I am glad we could take care of your needs. Thank you so much for the fantastic feedback. It is always nice to hear great things about our Hotel. It makes it all worth while. Please come see us again soon!!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 1, 2013

When I was booked in here by Delta because of a cancelled flight, I had my doubts.....airport hotels and all. I was pleasantly surprised. The staff were fantastic - polite, efficient - great customer service. The place was clean, quiet and well appointed. Bed was very comfortable and the room a generous size. Appreciated the complementary happy hour in the lobby. The on site restaurant was also a nice surprise - food was good and not over priced. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your positive review. We love to hear about the highlights. I am so happy we were able to meet your expecations and that you left us with such a great impression. Please come see us the next time you find yourself in our neck of the woods.
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed March 21, 2013

My friend and I went for lunch at the The Club Room and had the great fortune to have JR as our waiter. He was very attentive and efficient with a Great Sense of Humor! The other staff was very friendly and attentive too. The food was good and at the end of our experience JR made us feel very special. We know we are going back soon. Thanks for the hospitality!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much coming to try our restaurant, The Club Room. I am so happy you liked it. we focus on great food and even better service. Please come back and see us again. Try the Filet or the New York for dinner!!
Lander, Wyoming
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel three times in the last year and a half. We visit the general Salt Lake area a couple times a year, and if we have a choice this will always be where we stay. The hotel is lovely, not the usual airport gas-n-go type hotel. Nice amenities, spacious well-appointed rooms. Always spotless, fantastic staff. Twice we have been upgraded to fireplace rooms just because they were available when we checked in. I have yet to find anything to complain about. The Sleep Number beds are a bonus as well. Keep up the great work!

Room Tip: If you are able to upgrade to a business or fireplace suite, go for it. Its usually less than $10 a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
David L, General Manager at Radisson Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
I am so happy you keep coming back to see us. We love taking care of our guests and exceeding expectations. We have a "Yes I Can" culture that focuses on empowerment and teamwork. You are our focus when you are with us. Our guests are why we are here. Thank you for all the kind words. Our entire team looks forward to welcoming you back. Thank you!!
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Overall not bad but in my opinion something is lacking. Very clean but the recent upgrades don't mask the fact that this property is quite old. A thorough overhaul is needed. Radisson doesn't seem to pay attention to the little details either. Example, my room had a mini fridge but no microwave. What gives? Is the fridge meant for meds and beer only? The shower has a waterfall showerhead but it is not adjustable, requiring that you stand far forward in order to rinse off. The rest of bathtub seems to be wasted space.

Positives....great staff and great excercise room. On site Restaurant is also quite good

In short, it's okay for a short stay but it's not quite up to the standard I expect of full service hotels.

Room Tip: The view facing north is beautiful but choose higher floors to avoid the noise of the traffic and li...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to complete the review. We were opened in 1989 as a Radisson and have become a well known landmark in the area. Over the last 4 years we have embarked on a "Journey of Positive Change." This has included a room renovation, lobby refresh, fitness center, pool & hot tub, business center and this summer the Restaurant. I am very sorry there were areas that were not up to standards. If you would like to contact me offline I would be happy to discuss. You can contact me at david.lythgoe@radisson.com.
Vashon, Washington, United States
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I came thru on my way to boot camp and got delayed overnight. before my command even finalized the stay the Radisson guys picked us up, gave us vouchers for dinner that night, and breakfast and lunch the next day. they arranged for a shuttle to the airport AND gave us boxed lunches. the service was extremely friendly and helpful. awesome place!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
DavidLythgoe, General Manager at Radisson Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
It makes me so happy to hear fantastic comments like yours from one of our guests. Thank you so much. I am so glad we were able to take care of you and exceed your expecations. Please come see us again when you are in our neck of the woods. Thank you.