“Good but there is room for improvement”

Radisson Salt Lake City Airport
Ranked #48 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
El Paso, Texas
“Good but there is room for improvement”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Overall not bad but in my opinion something is lacking. Very clean but the recent upgrades don't mask the fact that this property is quite old. A thorough overhaul is needed. Radisson doesn't seem to pay attention to the little details either. Example, my room had a mini fridge but no microwave. What gives? Is the fridge meant for meds and beer only? The shower has a waterfall showerhead but it is not adjustable, requiring that you stand far forward in order to rinse off. The rest of bathtub seems to be wasted space.

Positives....great staff and great excercise room. On site Restaurant is also quite good

In short, it's okay for a short stay but it's not quite up to the standard I expect of full service hotels.

Room Tip: The view facing north is beautiful but choose higher floors to avoid the noise of the traffic and li...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
David L, General Manager at Radisson Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to complete the review. We were opened in 1989 as a Radisson and have become a well known landmark in the area. Over the last 4 years we have embarked on a "Journey of Positive Change." This has included a room renovation, lobby refresh, fitness center, pool & hot tub, business center and this summer the Restaurant. I am very sorry there were areas that were not up to standards. If you would like to contact me offline I would be happy to discuss. You can contact me at david.lythgoe@radisson.com.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Vashon, Washington, United States
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I came thru on my way to boot camp and got delayed overnight. before my command even finalized the stay the Radisson guys picked us up, gave us vouchers for dinner that night, and breakfast and lunch the next day. they arranged for a shuttle to the airport AND gave us boxed lunches. the service was extremely friendly and helpful. awesome place!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
DavidLythgoe, General Manager at Radisson Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
It makes me so happy to hear fantastic comments like yours from one of our guests. Thank you so much. I am so glad we were able to take care of you and exceed your expecations. Please come see us again when you are in our neck of the woods. Thank you.
Wellsville, Utah
Reviewed February 4, 2013

My husband and I planned a getaway for our 21st anniversary. After checking in to this hotel, we parked our car in the underground parking area. When going into the hotel, there was a security card reader that opened the door. I decided to pull on the door without using my key, and it opened right up. It didn't even work. We had booked a romance package, which included a bottle of sparking cider (which we never received) and $50 for dinner. We ordered room service which took 45-50 minutes to receive. It tasted terrible!! It tasted like the saran wrap that was covering it. I did eat my green salad, which was delicious. But the rest was horrible. The rest of the night was fine. The hotel was clean and attractive. We were enjoying our stay. Then the next morning, we went down to our car. Someone had broken into our car and another one a few cars down from it. The rear passenger window had been smashed out and they had looked through our car for anything valuable. Thank heavens there was nothing to take, but the damage to our car was done. The staff was nice enough to help us clean out the glass. But my husband and I spent 2-3 hours on the phone trying to find someone that could fix our window. But because of the weekend, no one could help us. So my daughter had to drive 1 1/2 hours to bring us her car, and she took ours home. The only compensation that was offered to us was a free meal in their dining room!! Seriously!! You couldn't have paid me to eat that food again!! They didn't even offer to give us our room at no charge. Then the manager actually had the nerve to ask my how my stay was. I looked at him in disbelief as we are standing next to my damaged car. I will never stay at this hotel again!! And if I deter one person from making the same mistake I did then I have done my job.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Jenny S
DavidLythgoe, General Manager at Radisson Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
I am so sorry this happened to you. Please contact me at david.lythgoe@radisson.com so we can discuss further. We always want to do whatever we can to make it right.
Campbell, California, United States
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We have been staying at this hotel at last 3 times a year for the last 2 years. We love this hotel. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the onsite restaurant is the best! The staff is knowledgeable and at this point, recognize us and what we like to eat. The only place we will stay in SLC is here. It is a very short trip from the airport and extremely easy to get to.
Best hotel we have actually ever stayed it. If you are visiting Salt Lake, I highly recommend you stay here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Samantha V
Thank you so much for taking the time to complete our survey and help spread the word about our Property. I am so happy we were able to take care of you and you had such a great time. Please come back and see us again the next time you are in our neck of the woods.
Idaho
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We had an early flight out and got a good price on 2 rooms from Priceline. Check in quick and easy, staff friendly, rooms nice and very clean. Onsite restaurant, didn't try it because we had plans with friends. No free breakfast. Sleep number beds which we have at home, so good night sleep. In both rooms the bathrooms were really cold even though the rooms were warm, wierd. Shuttle bus driver warmed up van in the morning while waiting for us, it was freezing out and this was a wonderful gesture! Parked our vehicle in underground, covered parking for $20 for 1 week. Van was quick to pick us up when we got back and our vehicle didn't need to have snow and ice scraped off before we were on our way. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
David L, General Manager at Radisson Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
I am so happy we could take care of you when you needed us. Next time you will have to try our delicious restaurant. We have a breakfast buffet or you can order a la carte off the menu. Room Service is available as well from 6am to 11pm. Please come back and see us the next time you are in SLC.
Salt Lake City
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Very enjoyable. When friend had trouble finding hotel the desk clerk offered to send shuttle to guide her to hotel. Very thoughtful and professional.

Definitely will stay at Radisson hotels in the future.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

David L, General Manager at Radisson Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
We are so glad you found us and stayed with us. We look forward to your next stay. I promise we will do all we can to make sure your next stay and every stay is just as good.
Springville, Utah
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Airport hotels have never been much of an attraction to me when visiting Salt Lake City. I would normally prefer to stay right in the heart of downtown. However, I would definitely return to this one again. The lobby was warm and welcoming, the staff friendly, and the room more than comfortable. We enjoyed their full breakfast buffet, which was served in a charming little restaurant with the fireplace glowing.

The wireless is good, the room has ample space--king bed, desk, sitting/reading area, and separate vanity area, although compared to the room size, the bathroom seems a bit small. It is a short drive east on North Temple to the downtown area (or if you are traveling, a free shuttle ride to the airport), and of course, the parking is free.

Room Tip: There are no rooms with a "view"; ask for a room on the third floor away from the elevator...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for taking the time to break it down for all our potential guests. We really do try to make it the best possible guest experience. Have a great New Year!!