“A surprisingly cozy find”

Radisson Salt Lake City Airport
Ranked #41 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Springville, Utah
“A surprisingly cozy find”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Airport hotels have never been much of an attraction to me when visiting Salt Lake City. I would normally prefer to stay right in the heart of downtown. However, I would definitely return to this one again. The lobby was warm and welcoming, the staff friendly, and the room more than comfortable. We enjoyed their full breakfast buffet, which was served in a charming little restaurant with the fireplace glowing.

The wireless is good, the room has ample space--king bed, desk, sitting/reading area, and separate vanity area, although compared to the room size, the bathroom seems a bit small. It is a short drive east on North Temple to the downtown area (or if you are traveling, a free shuttle ride to the airport), and of course, the parking is free.

Room Tip: There are no rooms with a "view"; ask for a room on the third floor away from the elevator...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
David L, General Manager at Radisson Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for taking the time to break it down for all our potential guests. We really do try to make it the best possible guest experience. Have a great New Year!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Logan, Utah
Reviewed December 21, 2012

The staff here are always so welcoming and friendly. They do everything possible to make your stay a good one!! They let you park your car in their covered parking while you are out of town. They shuttle you to the airport and pick you up at the airport when you return from your trip.
I have actually met the manager, Randy! He is the reason the staff is so wonderfu!

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you once again for your glowing review. It is also good to have you stay with us Cindy. We look forward to the next time.
Post Falls, Idaho
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Being away from home is never easy. I had never stayed at the Radisson and I found the hotel to be very professional and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The dining room was wonderful, they offered so many varities on the menu and the items ordered were delicious. I especially loved the Manager's Social nights, the hotel offered a great wine selection as well as beer. The Shuttle staff were very accurate at estimating the distances and times of selected destinations, not to mention very friendly.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
David L, General Manager at Radisson Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
It makes me so happy to see a review like yours. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. We are on what I like to call a "Journey of Positive Change." Reviews like yours are helping us get the word out there. We look forward to your next visit.
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I enjoyed our one night stay. Check in was easy and super friendly, and the lobby was welcoming when I walked in. Our room was very clean and nice. It was larger than a normal two queen room, which I liked. Bathroom had make up vanity outside the shower area, which is convenient when you have two girls in one room. I also liked that the "bar" area was separate from the bathroom area. Our room had a mini fridge. We didn't use it, but that is a convenient accessory to have. The lobby has a store, should you have a midnight snack attack. The parking garage was clean and well lit, with an elevator on each end so you didn't have to huff your luggage all over kingdom come to get inside. The doors to the elevators are locked, so you don't have to worry about creepers. Well, creepers that aren't registered, anyway.

My only beef didn't have to do so much with the hotel as it did the brand of bed. Everything was nice and well kept, but I hated the sleep number beds. It turns out that I'm just not a sleep number bed kind of girl. I'm not sure if mine was broken or if I just struggle, but it shouldn't be hard. You lie down, adjust it until you figure out what number is comfortable, then adjust the other side to match. A kindergartner could do it. However, I adjusted both sides to somewhat comfortable (maybe I'm just a picky sleeper?? Wouldn't be the first time I've been accused of that..) and slept. I woke up sometime in the dead of night feeling like I was fighting my way away from Billy Idol in the Labrynth.One side of the bed had sunk, with the other still at the number I had adjusted it to.I was lying in a ginormous hole, and I had to use every hour of pilates training I've ever done in my life to get out of it. I thought maybe I was just bananas, so I fixed it and tried again. Same thing, couple hours later. Even when it was adjusted, I felt like I was laying on a large, crunchy, whoopie cushion. Not a fan.

Overall, we had a fun girls night. I'd stay again. DEFINITELY better than the Radisson downtown, which was a bit more run down.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
David L, General Manager at Radisson Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you so much for completing this review of your "Girls NIght Out" at our hotel. Thank you for all the nice things you pointed out that worked well for you and contributed to the success of your stay. I am sorry that you and the Sleep Number bed did not get along. They say it takes about 3 nights to find your perfect sleep number so you will definately have to come back to try us out again. Thank you.
Colorado
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I purchased a Groupon for $59 in hopes this would be a great deal... Rooms are clean but nothing special, the hotel is sandwiched between 2 rather busy roads and at the South end of the airport runway. So, unless you can sleep through what sounds like a jet landing in your bedroom from 5am - midnight I would not recommend this hotel.

The people were all very nice though.

Room Tip: I'm not sure there is a place to get away from the airplane or vehicle traffice noise.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
David L, General Manager at Radisson Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Thank you for trying us out through Groupon. I am so sorry you did not sleep well. Some nights are noisier than others and I am very sorry. We do have rooms that are a bit more quiet than others and would be more than happy to move you to a room that suits your needs and preference. We always want to take care of each guest and make any unfortunate incident right.
Logan, Utah
Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

The staff are very friendly and the rooms are super nice. They take you to the airport and pick you up at airport when you return!
Also on Monday thru Thursday, there is a Managers Social in the Lobby from 5pm-7pm, where there is Free wine and beer!

• Stayed October 2012
David L, General Manager at Radisson Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Cindy, Thank you so much for your review. It was nice to meet you during your last visit and put a face to the name. Reading a nice review such as yours truly brings a smile to my face. We love having you with us each time you are in the area. Please let us know if there is anything we can do the next time you visit.
Dorchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

A good average airport hotel and maintains a good standard, don't borrow a razor though ripped my face off, staff helpful and food suffices, good hotel for the business traveller hAndy for airport.......................................

• Stayed October 2012
David L, General Manager at Radisson Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
I am so sorry you had a negative experience at our hotel. We do offer complimentary double bladed razors at the desk. We will take a look and see what can be done to upgrade the product. We do not want our guests to leave with any negative impressions. If there is anything I can do to make it right please contact me at david.lythgoe@radisson.com. Thank you so much for the feedback.