“Old Hotel, Nice Bed”
Review of Peery Hotel

Peery Hotel
Ranked #43 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed May 18, 2013

An old refurbished hotel. There is some awesome old furniture in the place. The haunted elevator works. Actually the bed was very good. Location was great. I did book the room online as we were driving along Interstate 80. We used the hotel website, liked the price and checked in with no trouble. When I checked out in the morning, they had charged me $35 more than I had booked the room for. I had the confirmation email on my ipad and I showed it to them and they credited my card for the difference. They did not really have an explanation for the overcharge, just acknowledged it and corrected it. Across the street is one of the better brew pubs I have seen - awesome food and beer! I'll go back to SLC just for that.

Room Tip: We had a room on the west side of the hotel and when we arrived, there were two large windows. The...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Bradley_N_13461

Reviewed May 12, 2013

My room is clean, my bed is a Tempur-pedic, my view is of the air conditioner and into other rooms. The lobby is beautiful, the location is great, the person next door took a shower at midnight that sounded like a geyser in my room. There's a hairdryer and an iron, so I can get ready in the morning. This hotel is fine and I was able to get a really great last-minute deal on the room. I'd stay here again, but I also might look for other options around downtown.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank bwaybaby109
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is a period, historic hotel that I've staid at twice now on business trips to SLC. It has some charm and character while all my needs were met. It has been remodeled and all the rooms have tempurpedic beds, which is my highlight since I basically just sleep there. The staff is wonderful and very accommodating. They were able to place a frig in my room upon request and they have coffee and water in the lobby every morning. The price was appropriate and wonderful location in the downtown area. I'll definitely return.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We have stayed with the Peery many times. She's and oldie but a goodie. This last stay we noticed that the hotel is really showing its age. Time to spend some big bucks refurbishing rooms. That being said the Travelin'Hombodies would return to the Peery. The hotel is priced appropriatley, is centrally located and quiet!. And we agree with many, the staff is not very professional. The staff did upgrage us this past stay which was very kind.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TravelinHomebodies
Reviewed May 2, 2013

This is an attractive hotel that has a lot of potential, however it is poorly managed. I arrived a day late to find my booking had been cancelled although my colleagues, and other late travellers, had not. I chose not to take a laptop as the hotel boasts a free business centre. What it doesn't say is that the security certificate on the computer is so strict that you can't even open your email or check your flights on line. The manager said this is because of the behaviour of some guests which is believable as the "business centre" is in the bowels of the hotel. I don't know why they don't just move the computer up into the lobby of the hotel where they can keep an eye on users. They also boast free Starbucks coffee, again what they don't say is this is only between 5am and 10am. Asking for coffee outwith these times leaves staff in a state of confusion. There are no kettles in the rooms. We went into the bar of the hotel for a drink. I ordered a glass of wine only to be told that they had run out of all wine. This did not change for the whole 9 days that we were there. My husband ordered a Bud and was told that it was the last one. We had paid for our rooms up front, however my colleague was charged again for her stay. This maxed out her card leaving her with no available funds. The manager kept telling us he would sort this out and reimburse her for bank charges due to bounced payments and phone calls to her bank to sort this out. He did not do this. He hid from us on our last day. When we were leaving we were offered a voucher for a local bar which we were unable to use. This establishment would benefit from intensive staff training and a change of management.

Room Tip: A lot of outside noise at weekends
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Physy
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We wanted a room in the downtown area of Salt Lake City so that we could walk to restaurants and shopping without paying a fortune, and the Peery gave us that. The lobby area was neat and clean as were all of the employees that we met. There is complimentary coffee in the lobbby in the morning and a very nice sitting area. There is a bar and restaurant attached to the property. Not many people there as they had only been open a couple of weeks, but the food was good. Our room was smaller than most hotels but very clean and newly renovated. The king bed and bedding were wonderful.......so comfortable. We will definately stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2013

While the hotel staff is knowledgeable and extremely helpful, this doesn't make up for the fact that the hotel itself is reeking of dampness. The web site is misleading; there is no coffee maker in the room & coffee is only available for a few hours each morning in the lobby. The bathrooms are awkwardly laid out and require maneuvering to get in and out.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business