We are frequent visitors to salt lake city and often stay downtown. We tried our luck both at higher end and budget hotels and havent been lucky with either service, value or atmosphere. Everything downtown was sold out and we were iffy staying away from town but decided to head to airport hotels. Checked couple of hotels by airport and most seemed dingy, old and we walked right out. We finally saw microtel off the freeway and decided to give it a shot. We went in and they had few availability! Lobby seemed clean and well decorated, exterior clean and well kept... had a good feeling so we went ahead to book the room.
Enter the room and I am notorious about clean room and bathroom. I do all my checks while my hubby watches me go through the motions. I was very highly impressed. The room had to be one of the cleanest I had encountered in near a dozen trip to salt lake. There was a nice complimentary snack in the
room (even higher end hotels dont do this anymore), nice touch and made me feel welcomed and that they care about little comforts of guests. Room was modern looking and SPOTLESS! Beds were comfortable and we slept like we were at home.
Breakfast in morning was also nice... stocked well- attendent on duty to help with anything needed. Front desk very nice and friendly everytime I went past lobby. It was a blessing in disguise that we found this hotel and this will now be our primary hotel. It is only 15 minutes from downtown but worth the drive with a quality it provides.
The problem I mostly see with economy hotel like these is most people expect a 4 or 5 star luxuries from these 2 star hotels. If your looking for that 4-5 star hotel experience then pay the high price for one. Dont bash little guys for services they cant afford to provide to their guests.
I found everything I needed from this hotel- over our 4 night stay, room was clean thoroughly everyday, breakfast always clean and stocked. Staff friendly and sincere! Overall hotel is in good shape. Well done! Definitely recommend this to anyone looking by airport or even downtown. Great value and amazing experience. We will be back soon microtel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close to Salt Lake City International Airport, Ski Resorts and Hill Air Force Base. Free Shuttle to and from the Airport.For comfortable rooms at an affordable price, book your stay at Microtel Salt Lake City Airport hotel near Utah’s Hogle Zoo. We offer free parking for your vehicle so you can easily enjoy all the area has to offer. Ask us about our Park N Fly options and save even more!!Greet the day with free continental breakfast before working out in our fitness center. Our pet-friendly Salt Lake City hotel offers suites as well as handicapped-accessible and non-smoking rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Microtel Inn And Suites Salt Lake City Airport
- Microtel Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport Hotel Salt Lake City
- Microtel Salt Lake City
- Salt Lake City Microtel
- Microtel Inn & Suites By Wyndham Salt Lake City Airport Utah