“Okay hotel - close to airport but far from town”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City Airport
Ranked #46 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Bellingham, WA
“Okay hotel - close to airport but far from town”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I stayed here on my recent visit to Salt Lake City. Since I was picking up two friends at the airport the next day, I decided to stay at this hotel since it was close to the airport. The hotel was very hard to find. I drove in circles several times before finally heading on the road towards Reno and then spotting the turnoff! At check-in, I presented the clerk with a coupon printed out from Hotelcoupons.com but he didn't recognize it and asked several questions about where I got it. I then said "Would it be better if I brought in the one from the coupon book itself?" He said to bring it in and he would look at it so I ran out to my car and got it. Even once he saw the coupon, it seems like he had never seen one before even though these coupon books are everywhere and I'm sure others must have used them. He excepted the $51 a night coupon and I got my room. The room was very small but was sufficient since it was only me. The place seemed pretty clean but when I went to take a bath there were several hairs in the tub - a couple around the drain and a couple more at the other end and on the shower curtain - so needless to say I didn't take a bath that night. It was pretty late when I got in so I just went to bed - otherwise I would have asked for a different room. The breakfast the next morning was very nice - lots of choices and the variety of food items was restocked as things were eaten or drank. The computer in the lobby was nice and Internet service fast. There were several vending machines for sodas and drinks and also a counter where you could purchase ice cream, popcorn and snack items which was nice. All in all - some good things and some not so good.

Room Tip: From the photos, it looked like the rooms with two beds were much larger.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
microtelslc, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Cindy, thank you so much for giving us a very important feedback. We are located off of I-80 west just past the airport. We are just north off of the freeway with great visibility from freeway itself. Downtown is only about 5-6 miles away providing great value for our guests without the high downtown prices. I am apologize that your bathroom didn't seem clean and had hair left over, we will go over this with our housekeeping department and provide more training. I apologize for the lapse in service. We pride ourselves on cleanliness and this is certainly not acceptable. I am happy that you found the room and overall hotel clean. We have an extensive breakfast every morning for our guest to have them get started on right foot. Please do consider us again on your next visit to Salt Lake City. Thank you so much for choosing Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Milan
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Stayed here the day before a flight. The hotel is cheap, clean and convenient. They provide a very good continental breakfast including waffles and a free shuttle service. Very good value for the money. I would definitively come back.

Note that there are no restaurants at walking distance so you need the car. But in 5 minutes you can reach downtown where a large number of option is available.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pier Luca L
microtelslc, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham. I am very happy to hear you found such a great value at our hotel. We are very convieniently located just 5 minutes from the airport making us the ideal location for airport travelers. We do have a great FREE continental breakfast every morning which is the perfect way to start off the day! I am very happy that you got to enjoy all the amenities we have to offer. Please do give us a call next time you are in Salt Lake City. We would love to have you as our guest again and deliver the same 5 STAR EXPERIENCE again. Thank you so much!
Crockett, California
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I was driving back from Virginia to California with my Daughter after she graduated from college, this was our 4th and final pit stop on the trip. I would rank this hotel #1 on this road trip, couldn't be happier with the price, the cleanliness of the room, the staff or the location. I would recommend this hotel to anyone passing through SLC

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
microtelslc, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Hello Robert, Congratulations on your daughter graduating from college. I am sure she is excited to begin her life post college! Thank you so much for taking the time out to give us the feedback on your stay. I am very happy that you found our hotel to be YOUR #1 on your long road trip. We pride ourselves on being one of the friendliest and cleanest hotels in the area. There is no bigger compliment for my staff to hear that our guest left our hotel feeling satisfied and willing to recommend us to others. Please do give us a call again next time you are in Salt Lake City or passing through, we would love to have you as our guest! Thank you so much for choosing Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham.