“We were very pleased to stay at this hotel”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City Airport
Ranked #43 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Toronto, Canada
“We were very pleased to stay at this hotel”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

My brother and I want to say thank you for all staff at the Microtel Inn & Suites SLC Airport. The hotel was clean, room comfortable and clean, fresh scent, breakfast big and tasty. Next time we will book our stay at this particular place. We enjoyed our night there. We wish all the best to the staff in Microtel Inn & Suites SLC Airport and see you next year. Mirka

Room Tip: First floor
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
microtelslc, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Hello Mirka, thank you for your kind and thoughtful words. I had my front desk staff and housekeepers read your review to inspire and motivate them to continue their hard work to serve our guests. We were pleased and honored to have come stay with us all the way from Toronto, Canada. We hope to see you again Mirka. Thank you so much for choosing Microtel inn and suites/airport.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Elko, Nevada
Reviewed September 3, 2012

This place has everything you need, but has certainly seen better days. All doors & carpets are scuffed & worn; drywall in bathroom could use some good repair. It was a great price & wasn't really lacking anything, but has certainly seen some wear & tear. Quick and convenient to airport, but certainly felt like an economy hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Hello, thank you for taking time out to write us a view and letting us know your thoughts and feedback on your stay. After reading your review, I had a walk with my maintainence crew around the property, we found couple of scuffs and marks that needed attention. We are in process of painting our doors and touching up on those scuff marks. We have replaced the carpet in the lobby area with tiles and had the carpets in the all hallways and rooms shampooed recently. We hope your stay was enjoyable with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Travelers are raving about these Salt Lake City hotels

San Diego, California
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Stayed at this hotel as a family. One word "great choice" the place was great, friendly staff, housekeepers really clean this place inside out.mbreakfast in morning was good and stocked even at 9:30. Rooms had a fresh smell and even though they were smaller room, it was enough room for 4 people. I would stay here again . This place was underpriced in my opinion for the quality of service we got. We paid$68 a night. I would highly recommend this hotel for family. Only drawback... Mot enough restaurants in the area but you can always order in or go to downtown which is 15 mins out.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on third floor and see airplanes landing and taking off while drinking your morning c...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
microtelslc, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this review, August 26, 2012
Thank you so such kind words. My staff was excited after reading your review and I feel proud of my staff here. We take all feedbacks very seriously and it means a lot when we get compliments from guests like you. We hope to see you again next time you visit salt lake city. We hope you get to go on your Bahamas cruise before summer is over this year!
Brooklyn, New York, United States
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Overrated online. Went on a 3 week roadtrip, this was unfortunately our worst hotel experience. Room smelled musty, felt dirty and we felt very claustrophobic. Bathroom needed updating. Pictures online are accurate but doesn't feel anything as nice and once you walk into the room

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
I am sorry to hear about your experience with us. I wish you had asked for the manager or my front desk for change of rooms if the room assigned to you wasn't to your liking. We strive to give our guests the best experience possible no matter at what cost. We hope you will give us another try in future and we promise to make it up to and make your stay enjoyable and satisfying.
Decatur, Alabama
Reviewed July 30, 2012

This was our first experience with a Microtel Inn but based on this visit, it will not be our last. This inn was very new and still had that "new car" smell. The checkin process was fast and easy. The desk clerk was very friendly and helpful.
Points to consider...
- The inn is on I-80 west of the airport in sort of no man's land. There are no places to eat or shop without going into Salt Lake City which is not too far away.
- MICROtel is an apt name for this inn. The room had everything I needed for an overnight stay but in a very compact space. It was the most efficient use of motel room space I have ever experienced. If you are claustrophobic or plan to stay too stay very long, keep this in mind.
- While in SLC you MUST visit Temple Square downtown. Very very impressive buildings and grounds.
- I place a rating of very good value on this motel.

Room Tip: We were in #104. No noise from the interstate.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate your thoughts and feedback on your stay. Yes, temple square is a must see area if visiting salt lake city. I am happy to hear that we left a good impression on you and we certainly would love to see you again at our hotel. Hope you enjoyed your vacation.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Front desk clerk was very helpful and gave us the Non-Smoking assessable room.
Lobby was quite noisy. Breakfast was ok but the area was small. Tour bus blocked
the main entrance making it hard to leave. A very good value and close to the highway.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for writing us a review. We appreciate the time you took out of your busy schedule to let us know how we were doing. I am happy to hear that you saw good value in your stay with us. My front desk agents Are available 24 hrs to assist in any way they can. We hope to see you again on your next visit to salt lake city.
Price, Utah
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stayed July 20-22nd. Check in was alright, I did find it odd that the front desk clerk announced our room number out loud. Granted there was only one other person behind us, but still. I figured writing it down and pointing to it or even showing us on a hotel map(which I didnt see any) woulda been safer. I thought hotels had to be confidential on that? Maybe not? Our room was right next to the outside entrance, I thought we would hear a lot of guest traffic but it was a good sleep. A free Bfast was offered but we didn't get ready in time!..free anything is always a bonus. Great price for room to stay to visit friends. When I asked for 2 towels since we decided against room cleaning the same front desk clerk handed us them quickly from the laundry room. I didnt catch her name but she seemed to work all weekend! She was very nice. We thought we might check out a day early and move onto another city and she even put a note in reserv so the next clerk on would have a heads up. I thought that was nice, too.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Hello,thank you for staying with us in July. I understand your concern with safety when your room number was announced. We had a meeting with our front desks to brain storm on how we can effectively direct guests to their rooms. We have taken upon your suggestion to show a map and give you directions to the room rather than saying what room a guest is being assigned to. Safety is our number one priority. Thank you for your suggestion and we hope to see you next time your in salt lake city. My front desk agent serving you that "Huong" got accolades for her excellent service and dedication. Thank you