“That's Why They Call It Micro”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City Airport
Ranked #43 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed July 24, 2012

My single room was very small, but pretty clean, and the price was right. Fortunately I was traveling solo because this room was way too small for a couple. Not much near by. Close to airport, but not near downtown. Several restaurants will deliver for a minimum order and/or delivery charge.

The downtown hotels I looked at were either too expensive or too shabby and looked like they had security issues. Not much in the mid-price range unless you go to the airport.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
microtelslc, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2012

Thank you for taking the time out to write us a review. I am happy to hear that you saw the value in your stay. Please let the front desk know that the room was too small for your liking, depending on availability, we often upgrade our guests to a suite or a bigger room with 2 queen beds free of charge to make the stay more pleasurable and satisfying. We hope to see you again next time you visit salt lake city.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

We arrived very late at night and the shuttle promptly picked us up. They also delivered us back to the airport the next morning- all complimentary!

They have a very nice breakfast- with those wonderful waffles! Everything was well-stocked despite a very large group that ate just before us.

The room was a surprise- very nice, big and clean! The bed was comfy, and we slept well.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for writing us a review. We take all the reviews very seriously as it helps us to see where there's need for improvements. Please give us a call next time your visiting in salt lake and we would love to have you as our guests again.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

I didn't expect too much as I only paid $60. We are on a road trip and Salt Lake City is included in our stop. Check in was fast and easy. The room was clean, the bathroom was also clean. Breakfast is typical waffles, boiled egg, cereal, muffins and bread. I like that they have coffee, juice and hot chocolate available 24 hours a day. Front desk personnel are really helpful and nice.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your stay. I am happy to hear that you liked our complimentary coffee, tea, hot chocolate available to our guests 24 hours a day. We hope to see you again near future

Reviewed July 16, 2012

My stay was good. The rooms seemed pretty clean, though the bathroom smelled a little weird. I later found out it wasn't because the bathroom was unclean, but because the water smelled a little strange. However, I don't want to highlight that - it really didn't affect my experience too much at all. All in all it was clean, it had a decent continental breakfast, and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for staying us and writing us a review. I have talked with maintaince to see the cause of smell in water that you experienced. Glad you hear you enjoyed our breakfast. we hope to see again in near future.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

The bathroom was probably used before we checked-in because I spotted hairs on the commode and the toilet roll was not arranged properly as if somebody had used it in a haste and left it like that. We had checked-in pretty late and had a long drive the next day so I did not bother to complain about it. To compromise we had to clean it ourselves and just lived the night there but I was extremely unhappy about the conduct.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 7, 2012

Thank you choosing Microtel inn and suites for your stay with us. I want to personally apologize for the issue you had with your room. It is unacceptable, please accept my sincere apologies. We pride ourselves on the cleanliness of our hotel at all times of day. After receiving your review I held a meeting with my head maid to look at the problem that you faced. I have decided to personally do random checks of the rooms as they are cleaned by my staff to ensure top quality of room is delivered to our guests. Again, I apologize for your troubled stay and would like to make it up to you. Next time your in town please give us a call and ask to speak with the manager. I hope you will give us another try.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

We stayed here in June 2012. It is probably the least clean hotel we've ever stayed in. The carpets appeared not to have been shampooed for many years, There was the stench of urine in the bathroom, and there was mold. We got out as soon as we could! however, the staff seemed quite competent and offered to help with anything they could. Unfortunately they cannot remodel the hotel overnight!

• Stayed: June 2012

I am sorry to hear about your experience with us. We were in process of getting our hallway and rooms shampooed, unfortunately, you got assigned the room that was going to be shampooed the next day. I apologize for the mix up. I had a talk with my. Head maid about the issue you brought up and why there's was a lapse in the cleanliness of the room. We provided additional training to our housekeepers to double check their rooms after they are cleaned and make them feeling and smelling fresh. We hope you will give us another chance in future.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

I had a plesant time at this hotel! Everyone was nice and helpful! They have waffles for breakfast! The room is suit is big and clean. They provide tooth paste and other things just in case you forgot. Sweet place!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank brendaaa88
microtelslc, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time out to write us a review and letting the world know of your great stay here with us. Please give us a call next time your in town.