“Best Value for Price”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City Airport
Ranked #43 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Our stay exceeded our expectaions in everything. Front Desk staff was sweet and very friendly, keen to provide us the best of serivice. Rooms were amazingly clean and comfortable. The only thing which was not upto the mark was the old carpet in the hallways with many stains. Probably needs to be replaced. Break Fast was wonderful and in plenty with fresh fruits adding to the value. Close to the Airport is an added advantage. Will recommend this Hotel to all my friends and family.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
microtelslc, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time out to write us a review. We,hope you will give us a call next time your in town. We,would love to have you as our guest again. Thank you for choosing Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham.

Reviewed May 17, 2012

After reading the reviews, I was expecting something less. We had to be to the airport at 4:00 in the morning, so I was really just expecting somewhere to sleep, so quality didn't matter...But I was very surprised the room was actually very cool, they had a padded bench in the window that you easily could of stuck a child on to sleep, one of the walls was all mirrors, plenty of drawer space. I took a 30 minute hot hot shower, water never changed temperature, or ran out of hot water. The bathroom was clean, the room was clean, the bed was pretty comfortable, the room was quiet. We left too early to have breakfast, so I can't comment on that, also didn't get to see the pool. I would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: Eat before you go, or take food to the room with you. There really is nowhere close to eat, and the...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
microtelslc, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2012

Thank you for taking the time out and writing us a review and letting us know how we are doing. I am glad to hear that you were happy with your stay with us. We take pride in our hotel and we strive to make each guest feel as close to home as we can. We have added few things to our breakfast menu recently so next time your in town and have an early flight just ask our front desk and we would be more than happy to provide you with early breakfast options so you dont leave on empty stomach. Thank you once again for staying with us and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 14, 2012

A pretty generic newish hotel near airport (where there are many others). Clean with all the usual features and a nice staff. This one has the advantage of sitting more or less off by itself, so is fairly quiet. Those with dogs will appreciate the large field next to the hotel where they can air their pets. Restaurants near the airport leave a lot to be desired, although Richards, the one near the Microtel, is recommended by those who have eaten there--unfortunately it was closed on the weekend when I was there.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
microtelslc, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2012

Thank you for taking time out to write us a review. We take all the reviews very seriously. I am sorry to hear that Roberts was closed while you were on your staying with us. I agree with my other guests, they have amazing food their. We have couple of other eating options around the hotel as well and also our very own Micro-Mart, where we sell snacks and quick serve meals! We are always looking to add few things so our guests have the luxury of having their meals just by coming down to the lobby any time of the day.
One agan thank you for writing us a review and we hope to see you next time your in town!

Reviewed May 11, 2012

The staff is very professional and the rooms are very clean and friendly. The location is superb with complementary shuttle service available.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ash A

Reviewed May 9, 2012 via mobile

Everything was great but no place to walk to eat. was in shop with no vehicle, they offered to take me to places if needed. The rooms are fantastic. We had a slight problem upon check out but cleared it up, in afternoon coffee was old or there was none. but I would definitely stay there again

• Stayed: May 2012
microtelslc, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2012

I wanted to thank you for giving us a review and staying with us at Microtel Inn & Suites. We take all our reviews very seriously and I wanted to apologize for not having the fresh coffee for you in afternoon, after discussing the issue with my front desk agents we have made it our priority to ensure we have the freshest coffee in our lobby at all times. I appreciate you being our guest and letting us serve you! Please free to call us anytime for any lodging needs. Thank You

Reviewed April 26, 2012

The hotel was very clean and the management was very curtious.Quiet and friendly. I would stay here anytime I visit Utah.

Room Tip: all rooms are great
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed April 23, 2012

This was the only room available that was affordable. My flight arrived at midnight and I was driving to Green River, WY the next day. I decided to stay overnight instead of trying to drive in the dark. Shuttle service to and from the airport was nice. I basically felt safe. Staff at the check-in desk was friendly. Lobby smelled of pine scented cleaner. I left early the next morning and did not use the shower mainly because it did not appear clean. It was a typical "near the airport" older hotel. If I had a choice, I would stay at the Hyatt nearby this hotel which was sold out. I had read other reviews on Trip Advisor and was aware of a customer who had a strange mirror in the room - on the wall behind the bed. I was glad I had read the review, my room was the same. It was a little strange.

Room Tip: If possible, choose another hotel and make your reservations in advance to insure a room.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
microtelslc, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2012

Hello, My name is Varun Dharni, I am the GM of Microtel Inn & Suites. I apologize for the issue you had with your room. We pride ourselves on the cleaniliness of our hotel. I have taken the issue up with our housekeeping department. We will be conducting random surprise checks on our rooms everyday before renting them out to ensure top quality of our rooms to our guests. Thank you for bringing up the issue and we hope you will give us another try next time you visit Salt Lake City.