My family has been staying at this hotel for our annual ski trip for about 15 years. I'm happy to say that I've always been satisfied. On this trip, I noticed some nice improvements to the room decor, updated table and chairs and lighting, comfy sofa, flat screen tv. The hotel is a great value with breakfast and the evening reception (free popcorn and beer!) included, plus free internet and the free airport shuttle. Staff were always friendly and helpful, and our rooms were very clean. Rooms are also very comfy, some noise from the other rooms in the living area and bathroom (we could talk through the walls in the bathroom) but the bedroom was very quiet and the bed comfy. That's another advantage of having the two-room suites. Only two minor gripes. One is that they replaced the ceramic mugs in the room with paper ones that fit in the new pod-type coffee maker (very good coffee, by the way) but the paper ones can't be used in the microwave to make tea. Not a big deal, but we had to ask room service to bring us mugs. Second gripe is that the cooks at breakfast frequently made us the wrong omelets, apparently they didn't understand us but just made what they thought we wanted, which wasn't right. However, the food was very good. We also ordered room service and ate in the restaurant several times and that food was quite good too, and very reasonably priced. They don't charge more for room service. Finally, the shuttle to and from the airport was very handy. Note that it runs from 7 am (I think) until 1 am, so if you have a very early flight you'll have to take a cab. For ski stuff, Utah Ski & Golf is basically next door and they have discount tickets to the ski areas, also very handy. In short, we'll keep coming back because nothing else in SLC can compare to the value Embassy Suites delivers for the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Begin your stay at the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City with a warm welcome, at this inviting hotel. We will even greet you with our delicious warm chocolate chip cookie upon arrival. Ideally located in Downtown Salt Lake City, Utah, our full-service hotel is only seven miles from Salt Lake City International Airport (SLC) and nearby many Salt Lake City attractions. Visit the Historic Temple Square or wander around the fascinating Family History Library. We are also situated nearby a Salt Lake City TRAX Station, providing easy transportation to many attractions.Choose from a delightful range of suites within this Salt Lake City hotel. Each of our stylish suites feature modern decor and are rich in comforts. Enjoy modern amenities such as LCD TVs and wireless internet access. Stay active and work out in the fitness center or swim laps in the heated indoor swimming pool.Choose from tempting menu creations in the hotels inviting on-site dining venue, Stephen's American Bistro Restaurant. Enjoy freshly prepared favorites ranging from colorful salads to tasty steak and chips. The hotel bar also offers a relaxing spot to unwind at the end of a busy day.Host an important meeting or special event at this downtown Salt Lake City hotel with a range of flexible meeting rooms. With 6,000sq.Ft of flexible meeting and banquet space, including the latest AV equipment, our professional staff can organize any event. Corporate guests will also appreciate our 24-hour business center with wireless internet, printing and photocopying services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Salt Lake City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Salt Lake City
- Salt Lake City Embassy Suites
- DoubleTree Suites By Hilton Hotel Salt Lake City Utah