Lets get the bad news out of the way first:
The Double Tree Suites has unreliable WiFi. I stayed in November for a week on a work trip with a colleague. We were doing a lot of work from our rooms and the nature of that work meant having a decent connection was vital. Unfortunately the WiFi at this hotel is unreliable and drops off all the time. It's not that fast when you're connected either. Same was true for my colleague's room. I tried it on an iPhone, MacBook and iPad and had the same problem. We were given the standard free WiFi, so asked reception if we could pay to upgrade to a better connection but none was available.
It's a real shame as it is the only area which lets this hotel down.
The good news: Double Tree Suites is an exceptional hotel in every other area. The staff are really courteous, the rooms are large and extremely well appointed. The restaurant and bar are great and the gym is excellent. It's also very central to downtown Salt Lake City and there's a place making proper coffee across the road.
So in summary, a great hotel, let down by its WiFi. If they can sort this out it I couldn't fault the place on anything.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Begin your stay at the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City with a warm welcome, at this inviting hotel. We will even greet you with our delicious warm chocolate chip cookie upon arrival. Ideally located in Downtown Salt Lake City, Utah, our full-service hotel is only seven miles from Salt Lake City International Airport (SLC) and nearby many Salt Lake City attractions. Visit the Historic Temple Square or wander around the fascinating Family History Library. We are also situated nearby a Salt Lake City TRAX Station, providing easy transportation to many attractions.Choose from a delightful range of suites within this Salt Lake City hotel. Each of our stylish suites feature modern decor and are rich in comforts. Enjoy modern amenities such as LCD TVs and wireless internet access. Stay active and work out in the fitness center or swim laps in the heated indoor swimming pool.Choose from tempting menu creations in the hotels inviting on-site dining venue, Stephen's American Bistro Restaurant. Enjoy freshly prepared favorites ranging from colorful salads to tasty steak and chips. The hotel bar also offers a relaxing spot to unwind at the end of a busy day.Host an important meeting or special event at this downtown Salt Lake City hotel with a range of flexible meeting rooms. With 6,000sq.Ft of flexible meeting and banquet space, including the latest AV equipment, our professional staff can organize any event. Corporate guests will also appreciate our 24-hour business center with wireless internet, printing and photocopying services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Salt Lake City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Salt Lake City
- Salt Lake City Embassy Suites
- DoubleTree Suites By Hilton Hotel Salt Lake City Utah