DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Salt Lake City
Ranked #14 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I traveled with two other people. Each one of us had our own rooms. We booked the hotel on line. Told the person we are Goverment employees. He gave us the Goverment rate. When we checked into the hotel we were told that they could not give us the Gloverment rate. We all had our ID'S to prove this but the staff at the hotel including the manager denied our quoted rates. We were stuck because all other hotels in the area were booked. Our finance department is tossing around not letting us stay at a Hilton Hotel. My co-worker and myself went down to the front desk to get more coffee pods. The desk clerk took our information. I recieved the coffe an hour and half later. My co-worker never received her requested coffee. I was unable to conduct business using your internet. I had to use my cell phone as a hotspot. The internet was not strong enough for the business that I needed to take care of. I only had 2 bars on my computer with your internet. I did not feel safe in the hotel one time the second floor outside door I found to be wide open. I closed it and when I returned the door was open again. Anyone could have walked into the hotel even through the front door.

1  Thank Lisa M

Reviewed September 24, 2013

All with the hotel is very good - rooms, parking, condition of furnishings, food. Problem is that in my room there was no internet or heat during some very cool nights, only cold air. Staff offered to try and remedy problems, but were unable to get it resolved. Workout facility acceptable, but small for this size of hotel. Had to wait for availability of equipment.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

I travel regularly to SLC for work, and this is my hotel of choice. There is a TRAX (light rail) station about a block from the hotel, and it's easy to walk around the city. The hotel offers a free shuttle to/from the airport (just need to book in advance, every hour leaving the hotel during certain hours.) The breakfast buffet is quite extensive. The rooms are huge. I believe this is an old Embassy Suites. The staff goes out of their way to be helpful. And room service is CHEAP!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

Exceptionally large rooms that are quite comfortable. I enjoyed the included breakfast bar and wifi. I would definitely stay here again. The front desk can provide a walking map of downtown Salt Lake. The TRAX train is within walking distance but look up the directions in advance.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Fresh air, not processed air is really desirable. This means outside air which the guest can control. A window or direct outside air intake is the preferred method. There are no operating windows in the rooms of this hotel.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

The reception for ESPN Monday Night Football kept cutting in and out. The management did not want to be bothered to either fix the problem or relocate me to another room. I missed the game. When I tried to discuss it with the manager upon check out, he refused to leave his office and instead had the clerk offer me 10,000 HiltonHonors points. Extememlt unprofessional.

2  Thank William M
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Great place to stay if you're in this city. Parking is free, even for this downtown hotel. Plenty of parking, though there are no elevators in the parking structure if you end up parking in the higher floors.

The hotel seems to have been recently renovated. Everything is very modern looking and does not look worn out. The only comment I can make regarding the update to the hotel is that they did not remove the popcorn ceiling texture. Other than that, the renovations look great.

Loved the warm cookie upon checking in. Very friendly check-in and check-out staff. Housekeeping does a great job as well keeping the room tidy and clean.

Breakfast was good. Just wished they changed the food you can choose from daily or every other day, so that we can have variety. It gets tiring after staying a few days and eating the same things every day.

My only complaint is the crappy WiFi. The signal was weak and of poor quality. The speed was very slow. It took forever to load on the browser. I also lost connection a few times because of the weak signal. I hope they add more WiFi spots/antennas soon and increase the bandwidth.