Located slightly south of the main hub of Salt Lake City, this hotel is a gem. This hotel switched brands from Embassy Suites to Doubletree Suites. Other than the branding changes, litle else has changed. The hotel offers free covered parking, which will be appreciated come snow season. I stayed at this hotel for nine weeks on business.
Upon check-in, guests receive the DoubleTree signature cookie. Each night a complimentary "manager's reception" is held in the atrium, with a full bar and snacks. A nice way to end the day. Each morning begins with a full, cooked-to-order breakfast. It's a nice alternative to the typical bagels and cereal fare offered by many hotels. Beds in the hotel are very comfortable and sleep comes quickly. The hotel offers an indoor pool, sauna and whirlpool. The hotel also offers a complimentary shuttle to/from the airport and to downtown Salt Lake City.
Even when fully occupied, this hotel feels spacious and open. To the reviewer that complained about the "loudest hotel ever" -- you must not travel much. 10 floors of an open atrium hotel does cause for a bit of noise carry-over. Doors slamming in hotels is just the nature of the business. If you are sensitive to noise in hotels -- don't travel.
The suite rooms are spacious and very clean. Lots of space to spread out and store everything.
The hotel staff is very accomodating and prompt in service requests.
Overall, a very pleasant experience!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Begin your stay at the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City with a warm welcome, at this inviting hotel. We will even greet you with our delicious warm chocolate chip cookie upon arrival. Ideally located in Downtown Salt Lake City, Utah, our full-service hotel is only seven miles from Salt Lake City International Airport (SLC) and nearby many Salt Lake City attractions. Visit the Historic Temple Square or wander around the fascinating Family History Library. We are also situated nearby a Salt Lake City TRAX Station, providing easy transportation to many attractions.Choose from a delightful range of suites within this Salt Lake City hotel. Each of our stylish suites feature modern decor and are rich in comforts. Enjoy modern amenities such as LCD TVs and wireless internet access. Stay active and work out in the fitness center or swim laps in the heated indoor swimming pool.Choose from tempting menu creations in the hotels inviting on-site dining venue, Stephen's American Bistro Restaurant. Enjoy freshly prepared favorites ranging from colorful salads to tasty steak and chips. The hotel bar also offers a relaxing spot to unwind at the end of a busy day.Host an important meeting or special event at this downtown Salt Lake City hotel with a range of flexible meeting rooms. With 6,000sq.Ft of flexible meeting and banquet space, including the latest AV equipment, our professional staff can organize any event. Corporate guests will also appreciate our 24-hour business center with wireless internet, printing and photocopying services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Salt Lake City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Salt Lake City
- Salt Lake City Embassy Suites
- DoubleTree Suites By Hilton Hotel Salt Lake City Utah